The secondary objective of this position is the creation of presentations and/or reports to be delivered by the CFO and other members of the senior management team to a wide-range of audiences including internal managers, member-owners and board of directors.
Excellent communication skills are essential as this position interfaces with all levels of management and employees. The incumbent has to anticipate and identify business trends and unearth business financial issues that challenge profit objectives, analyze them, communicate them, and drive management action. This requires evaluating and getting others to communicate and evaluate opportunities and risks and having the insight and creativity to recommend and drive solutions.
- Acts as a liaison between Finance and senior management to gather information, resolve and recommend solutions to problems, issues and concerns and answer questions.
- Develops accurate projections for the business unit/line of business as a whole and for the individual departments.
- Analyzes pricing and cost trends, incorporating the impact of the changes into forecasts and future plans.
- Create presentations/reports to be delivered by the CFO and other members of the senior management team to a wide-range of audiences including internal managers, member-owners and board of directors.
- Identify process improvements. Create process documentation. Helps implement process improvements across the organization.
- Provide ad-hocreporting and analysis as well as standard reporting, using various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports
- Ad hoc reporting as business needs arise
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Ability to occasionally lift/move up to 25 pounds
Individuals with a disability who are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job may request a reasonable accommodation through the Human Resources department.
- Assist with capital related issues and questions relating to the assessment, approval, tracking and forecasting of Company-wide capital investments.
- Act as a liaison between Finance and the Enterprise Project Management Office to gather information, research / answer questions, and recommend solutions to problems, issues, and concerns. Perform reconciliation of variances between Accounting systems and Project Management systems.
- Assist in evaluating new initiative business proposal documents (revenue projections, expense projections, capital expenditures, net present value, etc.)
- Partner with various project sponsors from around the company to assess the post implementation results of individual projects. Perform analysis and communicate to senior management insights and suggestions to help improve project execution.
- Consolidate and coordinate the delivery of project data for fiscal year planning
- Maintain and deliver enterprise wide capital reporting.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field required.
Experience: Minimum seven (7) years of experience in financial planning and forecasting and/or financial analysis, or related experiencerequired. Experience in the financial services industry process preferred. Experience at a public company preferred.
PC Windows-based software experiencerequired with advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, and financial software required.