Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for month-end close procedures, including preparation of monthly journal entries, adjusting journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations, account rollforwards and analysis of results, prepares work papers to supportbalance sheet balances.
- Ensure that subsidiary ledger balances are appropriately accounted for in the general ledger.
- Perform analysis of monthly of revenue and expenses and ensure that they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Analyze and document balance sheet and income statement activity driving variances, following up with department heads accordingly.
- Generate and review monthly financial statements to ensure accuracy of information.
- Perform publishing of monthly variance reports.
- Support the external audit of the BHHCG grants and annual financial statements, including preparation of auditschedules and responding to auditor questions and requests.
- Provides information necessary to support the completion of annual cost reports, Office of Healthcare Access (OHCA) filings, completion of Form 990s, and various other financial related filings throughout the year.
- Work with management to identify and recommend solutions for control gaps and process inefficiencies.
- Perform other related duties as required by the Manager.
Educational / Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelors in Accounting with at least 5 years related experience.
- Graduate degree and CPApreferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Meditech experience a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently.
- Detail-oriented as well as a sense of urgency to complete assignments.
General Ledger, GAAP, Microsoft Office, Financial Analysis Experience
Bristol Hospital Mandated Educational Requirements:
General orientation at time of hire. Fire/Safety/Infection control annually. Other programs as mandated by the Hospital.
Conditions of Employment:
- In adherence with our safety and compliance regulations, upon hire you are subject to a criminal background check and health clearance (including drug testing) through Occupational Health.
- The health and safety of our patients and employees is a top priority which is why we have mandatory flu shots. Exceptions for medical and religious reasons will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Please be aware all Bristol Hospital and Health Care Group facilities are smoke and tobacco free.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- In keeping with our goals of individual recognition and treatment characterized by dignity and respect, we extend hiring and promotional opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of race, color, religious creed, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, military or veteran status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
- Our policy is to make reasonable accommodation to the limitations of qualified disabled individuals and to provide them with employment opportunities to the extent practical without incurring undue hardship.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Bachelors or better in Accounting Major.