Supports Global Engine & Power Group business unit through leading and performing complex accounting functions such as month-end closing, reporting, forecasting, analysis of operations and other financial analysis process-related activities.
- Lead the annual budget and monthly forecast processes for the Global Engine & Power business group.
- Support the development of financial models for the Long Range Plan.
- Prepare accurate Board of Directors and Management reporting, company metrics, competitive benchmarking and company dashboard reporting.
- Prepares routine and adhoc reports for senior level management using BI and BPC systems in SAP.
- Performs financial analysis and communicates findings to enable management to make informed business decisions and take action.
- Performs month-end closing activities of varying complexity which includes: calculating accrual/reserve balances and discussing calculations with management for subjective nature accounts to arrive at decision; analyzing general ledger account data for accuracy and adjusting accounts if necessary; booking various other journal entries and statistical key figures.
- Reviews variance account posting for accuracy throughout the month and corrects system transactions. Reviews detail of accounts and follows-up on month-end closing items when necessary. Reviews account reconciliations on a monthly basis and maintains a log of sign-offs for Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Works with external auditors quarterly and at year-end; includes providing audit work papers as well as requested supporting documentation, walks auditors through calculations and provides data for various other detail testing.
- Identifies and recommends improvements for managerial and operational controls.
- Lead projects that will help the business make improvements to processes and performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Skills Requirements:
- Comprehensive understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong analytical skills necessary to review/analyze accounting and financial data, substantiate financial statement balances and prepare financial statement account reconciliation
- High ability to identify, measure, evaluate & improve, if necessary, the effectiveness of accounting, financial, managerial and operational controls
- Highly organized, deadline driven and and has a proven track record in accelerating results and generating value
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong verbal & written communication & interpersonal skills to instill confidence and trust with a diverse group of people in a team environment
- Demonstrated self-starter with keen awareness of customer and team needs and action orientation
- Advanced computer skills specifically advanced knowledge of and experience working with Microsoft and SAP software tools
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects with a strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent education and experience required
- Minimum of three years public accounting experience with CPA designation or five years of related experience without CPA designation
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world’s largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America’s number one marketer of pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of power generation, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton®, Simplicity®, Snapper®, Snapper Pro® Ferris®, PowerBoss®, Allmand™, Billy Goat®, Murray®, Branco® and Victa® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.
Job Requisition ID: BL15589