AWS Finance seeks a world class Senior Financial Analyst to be a key member of its team. This position will work closely with finance management as well as key business partners across the AWS organization, including Product Managers and Engineers, to drive thoughtful analysis and controllership in the AWS Platforms team. Some key responsibilities will include:
· Managing the business P&L and influencing business decisions that drive revenue and/or capital expenditures
· Taking the lead in financial planning and analysis; building complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance
· Developing short and long range financial/operational forecasts
· Developing and standardizing financial reports
· Working on adhoc financial analyses and projects
The successful candidate will implement and drive the core financial processes for the business including Annual Operating Plans, Service P&L, Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews, identify and quantify financial/operational Risks and Opportunities (R&O) to the business, and drive ad-hoc business projects. Additional responsibilities include helping refine the pricing strategy for various products.
This role requires a self-starter with a strongfinancial modeling background, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills inproject management. This role has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires strong people skills
· 5+ years of relevant experience
· BA/BS degree in Economics, Finance, Math or a quantitative field.
· An MBA or MS in Finance or a related field
· Advanced knowledge of Excel/ financial modeling
· Advanced analytical skills
· Strong interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills
· Strong financial modeling skills, including knowledge SQL
· Experience in a technology company or high-tech environment.
Job ID: 619916