Develop, analyze, and execute budgets that allocate current resources and estimate future financial requirements. Examine, analyze, and determine profit increases and efficiency improvements. Provide assistance and advice regarding the preparation of organization and departmental budgets. Consolidate departmental budgets into operating and capital budget summaries. Monitor and review the budget to determine if allocated funds are appropriately spent.
Perform financial analyses on cash flow, operating results, and business plans to determine rates of return, capital/cash flow requirements.
Works independently with minimal guidance, applying new perspective to complex problems. May direct the work of others and is a resource to colleagues.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
- Conducts financial analysis activities such as budget variance analysis, capital budgeting, audit, risk management and cash management.
- Ensures systems controls are in place and determines operation's consistency with corporate objectives and standards through various verification methods and procedures.
- Analyzes profit-and-loss income statements and prepares reports on findings to make recommendations to management; analyzes and evaluates the organization's operating results and financial position.
- Prepares annual, quarterly, or monthly financial and operational reports and assists with the evaluation of business results.
- Generates forecasts and analyzes trends in sales, finance and other areas of business.
- Creates financial models of "what if" scenarios to help future business planning decisions in areas such as new product development and new marketing strategies.
- Analyzes and generates accurate and timely cash flow, sales, and expense projections.
- Audits financial data and various statements, including cash flow, income, and balance sheets to ensure accuracy.
- Prepares product line profitability analyses.
- Performs economic research and studies of rates of return; researches economic progressions to assist the organization’s financial planning.
- Develops financial models in support of the annual budget and forecasting processes.
- Assists department managers in the development of department and organization-wide budgets.
- Evaluates and determines profit margin increases and possible improvements in efficiency.
- Analyzes availability of current resources and make recommendations on allocation.
- Gathers data to support budgeting analysis and forecasting. Analyzes current budgets to determine if funds are appropriately spent.
- Consolidates data from other departments into operating and capital budgets. Prepare budget reports and summary documents and review for accuracy.
- Reviews expenditures of requisitioning departments to ensure conformance to budget. Maintains records of expenses, inventories and budget balances.
- Researches and recommends options and solutions for organizational improvement in expenses.
- Prepares operating budgets for units or departments based on actual performance, previous budget figures, estimated revenue, expense reports and other factors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- College degree in Finance or Business. MBA or CPA desirable.
- 5+ years’ experience