Essential Functions: The Sr. Financial Analyst, AES position includes both creation of strategic vision, and tactical management including execution, examples include but are not limited to:
- Support the BU financial forecasts preparation and development process utilizing Hyperion.
- Analysis of financial and operational results.
- Contribute to the content for the BU monthly and quarterly reporting packages for senior leadership. This will include bridges, schedules, performance tables and ad hoc analysis.
- Month-end closing and reporting, including account reconciliations and coordination of closing entries with other AES locations.
- Consolidate weekly close data and providing a month-to-date view of financial results and monthly projections to AES leadership, allowing for countermeasures to be deployed.
- Analysis of plant spending across the BU and monitoring spend management systems.
- Accountable for supporting and tracking execution of cost savings projects and coordinating reporting in cost savings system.
- Become the BU subject matter expert in Accounts Payable and support the overall cash generation process.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects and processes
- Financial analysis and process development for special projects, as required.
- Completion of Arconic's Sarbanes-Oxley requirements for internal controls, as required.
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Mastery of Technology Skills — Accounting and Finance software: Hyperion, Oracle E-Business Suite, SAP; Spreadsheet software: Microsoft Excel; Office Suite software: Microsoft Office
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Law and Government — Knowledge of laws, legal codes, government regulations, executive orders, and agency rules.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Disciplined Execution — Job requires partnering with the Operations team through daily execution of the financial plan. When required, he/she will need to be able to dive into details to ensure financial success.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
•Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution.
•Minimum 3 years' experience in finance
•Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
•This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder') Political Asylee, or Refugee.
•Minimum 5 years' experience in finance in the manufacturing industry.
•Master of Business Administration (MBA), CMA and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
•Experience with Cost Accounting
•Experience with Hyperion