The Senior Financial Analyst will serve as a critical team member of the finance group, providing financial/business support to management and business partners. This position will provide a platform for learning core fundamentals of operational finance, as well as provide opportunities for growth and development into a leadership and business partner role. This role is part of the Jacobs Vehicle Systems (JVS) team in Bloomfield, CT. JVS is an Altra company.
- Responsible for inventory accounting, including, but not limited to, scrap reporting, reconciling perpetual to general ledger, standards review & annual cost roll, reserves and weekly inventory reporting.
- Provide financial leadership to customer value stream teams, including analysis of cost performance vs targets and trends, and reporting results to the Executive Staff.
- Manage intercompany balances with Corporate and global JVS manufacturing locations, including monthly account reconciliation, balance sheet, and P&L reviews of JVS operating sites.
- Fully support all month end closing activities such as corporate reporting, P&L variance analysis, vendor spend activity and travel & entertainment reporting.
- Prepares, analyzes and makes recommendations on routine journal entries, non-routine journal entries, and account reconciliations.
- Suggests, recommends, and implements changes to accounts, reports and administrative or data processing systems.
- Provide support to the financial consolidation process involving three legal entities into both internal JVS and Corporate consolidation software.
- Demonstrates a commitment to total quality and the process of continuous improvement. Identifies and responds actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all customers and is open and responsive to change.
- Prepares financial reports in a timely and accurate manner; and completes individual analytical projects in a satisfactory manner given abstract project guidelines.
- Assist with key financial analysis to aid in business decisions, budgeting and forecasting, and cost structure analysis.
- Prepares and delivers monthly financial/analytical reports of business performance to management.
- Owner of problem solving initiatives by identifying accounting problems, researching possible solutions, and presenting conclusions.
- Leads initiatives and/or participate in teams to drive improvement with the Finance organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A working knowledge of GAAP and SOX compliance.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to work within strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to function both as a team member and a team leader.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality concerning financial and employee files
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills – advanced in Excel. Knowledgeable with PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to demonstrate humility and commitment to continuous improvement
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Minimum 5 years in a comparable role
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment a plus