About the Job
Nexant is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to provide business unit and project financial management, financial planning and analysis. Primary responsibilities include business unit forecasting and budget management (reporting, analysis and planning); project budget analysis and revenue/cost forecasting, and reporting on business unit invoicing, utilization, subcontractor costs and payments, accruals, and AR collections. This person will coordinate closely with the finance and accounting, project management, and business development teams to coordinate the annual financial plan; provide timely, accurate financial data; and diagnose and troubleshoot reporting issues or inaccuracies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Planning and Tracking: Coordinate input and updates for the Business Unit annual financial plan. Develop and administer reports or other business intelligence tools to monitor key business unit financial metrics on weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual timelines
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Administer monthly revenue / cost forecasting and analysis. Monitor and track key Business Unit KPI’s relative to target: Subcontractor costs/accruals/payments, accounts receivable, operating expenses, labor productivity, contract backlog, sales pipeline and others as necessary. Prior experience includes project financial budgeting and forecasting, as well as pricing for new work
- Financial Reporting: Review project/budget reporting, highlight issues that need attention, and provide recommendations for solutions to project managers and senior business unit managers. Review internal financial reporting for the operations, sales, and delivery groups to ensure budgets are on track. Develop and utilize business intelligence tools and reports in Oracle Fusion
- Continual Improvement: Work closely with business unit leaders and finance and accounting teams to identify and support implementation of processes and systems that speed reporting and dissemination of financial information, improve productivity and reduce effort for business unit staff
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education / Experience:
- · Bachelor’s and Master’s degree with equivalent work-related finance, project management, administrative or contract management experience.
- · 5-7 years of experience in project-based accounting environments, specifically engineering, architecture, consulting or general contractor/construction.
- Knowledge/understanding of business unit and project financial processes, specifically project-based accounting (e.g., contract administration, invoicing, accruals, revenue, margins)
- Excellent analytical, time management, and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Superior organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal staff in written, visual, and verbal forms
- Frequent communication with business unit leaders, project managers, and internal finance and accounting personnel required
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Documented experience with project-oriented accounting software (e.g. Costpoint, Oracle Financials, Oracle Fusion, NetSuite, Sage) and financial planning/reporting or dashboard software tools
- Other software experience desired for software tools in use at Nexant (e.g. Cognos, Oracle Fusion, Salesforce, Google GSuite,)