PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Sr. Business Analyst develops, interprets and implements complex financial and/or accounting concepts for financial planning and control. The Sr. Business Analyst performs economic research and studies in areas of business analysis within the assigned function(s).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide in-depth analysis and technical support to determine present and future financial performance.
- Lead review(s) of submitted data for accuracy and integrity; addressing discrepancies and adverse trends as necessary.
- Prepare presentations for review by management, board of directors, and diverse governing bodies by providing diverse financial data.
- Provide an essential contribution to the development and implementation of policies and processes within assigned function(s).
- May support management review of operations by performing cost-benefit analyses comparing diverse operating programs; reviewing financial requests and/or exploring alternative finance methods as necessary.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
ADDENDUM FOR: Business Planning & Analysis (Acquisitions):
- ·Collects and utilizes fundamental information to provide analyses to determine the financial feasibility ofpotential acquisitions, joint ventures, startup businesses, and other medium to complex projects. Partners with Senior Financial Analyst on complex projects and initiatives.
- ·Gather and review information used for forecasts including but not limited to: revenue figures pertaining topatient insurance information and ancillary utilization, personnel information data, rent expense, physician compensation, EPO costs, other ancillary drug costs, housekeeping, other medical costs (cost of maintaining equipment), utility costs, costs of removing infectious and non-infectious waste, and bad debt.
- ·Develop proforma income statements, cash flow statements, and balance sheets.
- ·Conduct detailed analyses of revenue, Insurance coverage, capital expenditures, personnel, and other operating assumptions on acquisitions, JV buy-ins and complex multi facility JV buy-ins. Analyses are used tovalue potential acquisitions, estimate the value for a sale of existing business and to create proforma statements that are presented to potential joint venture partners.
- ·Conduct independent analyses of potential acquisitions, joint ventures, start-up businesses, and special projects specifically pertaining to the internal rate of return (IRR), net present value (NPV), and the return on invested capital (ROIC) etc.
- ·Develop and maintain the Joint Venture model and proforma. Builds other templates or models to analyze key drivers of an acquisition or joint venture.
- ·Research, collect, and prepare financial information required by certificate of need applications when necessary.
- ·Communicate with requesting managers to ensure that all questions and issues are addressed appropriately. Work with regulatory specialists to provide them with required financial forecasts.
- ·Assist with the preparation of reports, charts, and schedules of data collected and analyzed including those required by the board of directors.
- ·Assist with reviews of the operating performance of completed transactions to review the accuracy ofprojections and key assumptions used in the models through variance analysis (Tracking Report).
- ·Create detailed analysis in order to justify deal assumptions such as revenue, expenses, working capital, etc. Reviews the information with Management in order to inform their decisions and support theassumptions used in modeling.
·Prepare high level analysis, summaries and recommendations.
·Assume a leadership role in the coordination, support and monitoring of the budget process for monthly financial close processes within assigned function(s).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative ofthose an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 – 8 years’ related experience; or a Master’s degree with 3 years’ experience; or a PhD without experience.
- Excellent computer skills with advanced proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation and email applications.
- Experience in business warehouse (BW) and financial systems preferred (e.g., SAP, etc.).
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels ofmanagement.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity