The Senior Financial Accountant is responsible for determining, interpreting, and calculating financial transactions that require the application of complex accounting rules. The Senior Financial Accountant is responsible for financial accounting functions, analysis, reconciliations and regulatory reporting.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Prepare financialreports, forecast /plan, regulatory reports, footnote disclosure, narratives, other reporting, general ledger account reconciliation, and compute/record journal entries for complex financial transactions as assigned for BECU and any affiliated organizations in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), regulatory requirements with attention to format completeness, proper classification of amounts, accounting procedures, sound judgement and adequate supporting documentation.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of data tools and enterprise systems to effectively and efficiently utilize and analyze data in executing responsibilities.
- Review and interpret invoices, contracts and agreements for proper coding and accounting recognition.
- Proactively assess, analyze, update and make recommendations regarding financial accounting issues, procedures, internal controls, computations and reconciliations to meet business requirements, including assisting Credit Union departments with operational accounting issues.
- Serve as primary functional analyst for financial system/module as assigned.
- Participate in the design, analysis and/or implementation of new/enhanced accounting and organizational systems/processes to ensure compatibility with accounting requirements.
- Assist with researching and implementing new GAAP.
- Participate in varied, broad and cross-divisional assignments.
- Ensure that written procedures are documented for all functions within area of job responsibility, and update as necessary, to provide staff with instruction and guidelines for operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work or educational experience.
- Minimum five years of progressive accounting experiencerequired.
- CPA/CMA preferred or continuing education towards CPA/CMA
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and related regulatory matters.
- Excellent conceptual, organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and multi-task work projects/responsibilities, and work well under deadlines.
- Detail and number oriented, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.