Garrett Advancing Motion is the true pioneer of automotive powertrain technologies dating back more than 60 years. It continues today as the world’s leader in technology solutions for passenger cars, commercial vehicles and off-highway equipment. Garrett supplies technology to nearly all major automakers in addition to the global aftermarket under the Garrett brand name. As a result, unlike many other OEM or supplier organizations, Garrett Advancing Motion has visibility across a broad range of OEM’s and Tier 1 suppliers.
The Sr. Finance Supervisor, based in Torrance, CA, will provide partnership and supervision to team of commercial finance professionals to support the US accounting and operations.
- Full ownership of financial statement preparation according to USGAAP and local Statutory accounting requirements for the legal entities for all US entities.
- Responsible for executing financial activities according to accounting policy and corporate standards.
- Executing Month/Quarter/Year end close related activities for assigned entities as per close calendar.
- Supervision of Monthly / Quarterly / Yearly reporting schedules.
- Oversight and responsibility of Balance Sheet account reconciliation processes and activities, reviewing reconciliations as per policy.
- Coordinate activities with external statutory services provider.
- Support external and internal audits including any local authority audits.
- Ensure SOX compliance for assigned control processes.
- Responsible for executing process improvement initiatives driven by the COE / Country / Regional / Global controllership teams.
- Respond timely to inquiries or requests for information from other functional and non-functional stakeholders.
- Assist in development and implementation of new and/or enhanced procedures and automation to drive efficiency and optimize the workflow of the department, supporting continuous improvement.
- Assist in regional and global projects as requested from time to time.
- Lead and manage the General Accounting team members for assigned entities.
- Facilitate career development and growth for the organization.
- 5-8 years minimum of experience in accounting, preferably gained within an international company. 3 years minimum supervisory experience
- Relevant industry experience desired.
- Experience collaborating/working in a Centre of Excellence/Financial Shared Service Centre environment.
- Previous Public accounting/auditing experience is preferred.
- Experience in working within a startup/transition environment will be an added advantage.
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP and local accounting standards.
- Excellent business acumen including company, legal entity, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Must have advanced MS Excel skills including V-lookups and pivot tables.
- Good level of working knowledge of SAP, HFM is a plus.
- Fluency in English / Spanish a big plus
- Some FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis) P&L experience within a business.
- Good technical knowledge of finance systems.
- Good communication and influencing skills.
- Factory and cost accounting.
- Experience to support delivery on complex situations.
- Self-motivated, support business initiatives.
- Support efficiently complex situations.
- Garrett is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.