We are looking for a world class Sr. Finance Manager to join our Sales FP&A team as Databricks experiences best-in-class growth at scale. Reporting to the Director of Sales FP&A, the Sr. Manager will business partner across the Sales organization. The FP&A team helps drive deeper insights into our business and supports the leadership team by providing greater visibility, predictability, and accountability to help us invest for significant long-term growth. This role will be critical in improving our analysis, planning, and reporting for our Sales team. The Sr. Manager will assist with the monthly close and forecast process, provide ad hoc analysis, and build/manage key planning/reporting systems. Key to success in the role will be the ability to understand and build metrics to drive deeper insight into the business and improve decision making.
- Become the trusted business partner to the leaders of the Sales function
- Own the annual operating plan and the quarterly and monthly financial forecasts
- Work closely with accounting to provide ongoing analysis of actuals versus plan and/or forecast on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Partner with Sales Operations to plan/forecast/report headcount investments and commissions
- Prepare analyses to help Sales leadership understand how investments translate into product consumption and new ARR growth and provide strategic decision support
- Develop and interpret key performance indicators. Monitor and analyze trends in KPIs and suggest corrective measures and investment tradeoffs
- Build models to more accurately project financial results. Understand short and long-term drivers of expense mitigation and optimization techniques.
- Drive vision/strategy around process and systems that will help support scale in a high growth environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business
- 8+ years of FP&A, Accounting or Finance experience in the technology industry; familiarity with the software industry (and SaaS) a plus
- Experience supporting Sales in a Finance or Operations role
- Demonstrated track record of managerial experience
- Strong financial modeling skills and quantitative analysis abilities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, quickly changing and sometimes unstructured environment
- Attention to detail and the highest standards for accuracy and precision.
- Ability to identify the core business issues and how to address those issues through analysis and recommendations
- Experience working with data and ability to write basic SQL queries
- Experience with systems such as Anaplan, Netsuite, Coupa, Workday, Salesforce, G-Suite, Office, etc.