Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That's what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our Cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers to drive their business more successfully. The Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure finance team is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft's Cloud-first strategy. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to help shape the future of our cloud products.
The team's charter is to build out end to end Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure while driving down unit cost of capacity, ensuring cloud services achieve both profit and gross margin growth. As a crucial member of the team you'll also support long term bets and drive competitive intelligence to keep Microsoft Cloud ahead of competition. All while enhancing transparency into Cloud Infrastructure investments, safeguarding shareholder interest.
We are looking for a senior finance manager responsible for driving the financial evaluation of Cloud related geographic expansions and strategic customer deals. The main responsibilities include:
- Partner across Engineering, Operations, Capacity Planning, Accounting, Treasury, Tax , and other teams to evaluate geographic expansions, cloud deals and strategic partnerships.
- Be the trusted business advisor and develop decision frameworks to further accelerate our cloud growth.
- Develop robust financial models to evaluate total cost of ownership, inform cloud profitability with a focus on gross margin, determine negotiations guardrails, and drive Microsoft's global cloud infrastructure portfolio strategy & execution
- Enhance transparency into end to end cloud infrastructure and operations costs; and drive accountability
- Develop and implement processes and frameworks to accelerate, simplify, and scale Microsoft Cloud's investment process
- Continuous learning of Microsoft Cloud services, infrastructure, operations, go-to-market, and long-term cloud economics
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics, computer science or engineering. MBA preferred.
- 6+ years of relevant experience with progressive advancement within your discipline.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking. Thorough and detail oriented, yet able to see the forest for the trees .
- Deep modeling capabilities and ability to work with financial systems.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty across a continuously evolving, fast-pace business.
- Comfort working at multiple altitudes, from strategic/high-level projects to detailed COGS analysis.
- Ability to think end to end for a project, from strategic planning through multi-year execution; and to model the financial investments and impact accordingly.
- Proven leadership skills, with demonstrated results in proactively driving and delivering high value/high-impact project results through both individual and v-team efforts.