Incumbents in this position will be an integral part of the management team driving performance within the region Commercial Sales Region. Utilizing their in-depth knowledge of the business, they will provide finance functional leadership which includes: financial planning and analysis, measurement of productivity, investment evaluation and analysis, coaching business leaders and improving their financial acumen while balancing profitable growth with financial integrity and driving/influencing business results. Responsibilities also include oversight of quarterly accounting close, coordination with Controllership and compliance with applicable policies and standards.
- Own P&L by managing budget, reviewing business performance and driving predictability to achieve the target
- Deliver revenue and contribution margin commitments together with agreed operating leverage objectives
- Partner with the business in making financially sound decisions and driving profitable business growth through favorable product/channel/customer mix, pricing and promotional decisions and rationalized customer program offerings
- Leads in identifying and communicating opportunities and risks within the business. Collaborate with the regional leadership team to develop and measure appropriate business and operational plans.
- Provide financial leadership by preparing and presenting financial analysis and variance explanations to regional leadership teams and executive management of the GVCC.
- Lead annual/quarterly financial planning process across customers, categories, countries from top to bottom line to properly reflect business opportunities and risks
- Interact closely and support Controllership to ensure compliance for Revenue Recognition, Claims, Credit and Collections, Procurement, etc., as well as interact with Internal and External Audit functions
- Build and maintain strong relationships with cross functional teams
- Collaborate with peer finance leaders to identify best practice solutions to business developments.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years of work experience in finance or accounting (8+ years with an Advanced degree)
- Ability to work independently and travel (depending on location); could be around 20%
- Solid business acumen and judgment.
- Sound analytical skills, ability to manipulate and interpret data.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Tactful, exercises independent judgment and discretion.
- Excellent written/oral communication & presentation skills.