Being a leading innovator in the prepaid card processing business, Marqeta is experiencing exponential growth. We are building efficient, responsive, and accurate processes, implementing new tools, and expanding support to internal and external customers. Settlement is a critical function of the finance team that ensures the accuracy and timeliness of the core payment platform. You will have a great opportunity to own these activities and develop a rewarding career as the company grows.
- Executing the basics
- Understand Marqeta’s technical capabilities and the unique product features, how they benefit our customers and ultimately drive Marqeta’s economics
- Work with cross functional team leads to create and maintain annual plan and quarterly reforecasts
- Produce month-end finance dashboards including primary and secondary KPIs plus variance analysis for executives
- Communicate financial results and influence decision making process of internal / external audience
- Supporting the teams (Business Development, Customer Success, Marketing)
- Work with sales operations team in planning and performance analysis
- Provide guidance and analysis to new and existing deals negotiation
- Conduct ROI and other KPI analysis on new product development and launch
- Other ad hoc support as needed (operations, risk compliance, and data management teams)
- Shaping the future
- Research and analyze international market insights, especially around economics drivers in different business dimensions (verticals, partnership type, geo-location, products, etc.)
- Develop insights and models to support long-term business initiatives such as working capital credit offering
- 5+ years’ experience in FP&A functions, track records of delivering relevant results
- Analytical rigor and an orientation toward data-driven management and decision making
- Ability to lead projects independently from start to finish, working withinternal and external teams to drive decisions
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Positive attitude, team player, highly organized, detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Familiarity and experience with financial services industry, payments industry a strong plus
Education: Bachelor’s degreerequired. MBA or CPA strongly preferred.
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career with us will too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Quarterly Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more. Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!