Job Description Summary
The Senior Finance Manager – Vascular Access Devices (VAD) reports directly to the Senior Director of Finance for the VAD business group and has a strong linkage to the WW Platform Leaders. This finance leader is expected to provide the necessary financial and business partnering to the platform leaders and team members. The Sr. Finance Manager is also expected to be an integral member of the platform leadership team(s). There is at least one associate reporting to the Sr. Finance Manager.
The Medication Delivery Solutions business unit (MDS) has annual global revenue of approximately $4 billion. It accounts for approximately 25% of the Company's revenue, making it the largest business unit at BD in terms of revenue and associates employed.
Vascular Access Devices is a $1.7B business group, accounting for 43% of MDS's total global revenue, comprised of 4 global platforms: Central Lines, Advanced Peripheral, Vascular Access Technologies and Peripheral Intravenous Catheters.
Responsibilities and expectations include:
- Partnering with VAD global platforms to proactively provide business / financial leadership and advice
- Integral member of platform leadership teams, which includes attending regular team meetings, being involved in the decision-making process, contributing to the strategy development of the platform, etc.
- Performing month-end close activities and reporting financial results on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to leadership
- Preparing and assisting in the development of budgets, projections and the Annual Strategic Review (3-year plan)
- Analyzing operating results (sales and gross profit) of each platform on a global basis and the platform spending in the U.S.; presenting operating results at platform business review meetings
- Participating in the S&OP process as the platform finance representative; attending demand consensus and supply review meetings to ensure alignment between demand, supply and financial projections
- Working closely with plant operations to understand costing trends, capital requirements, supply issues, cost reduction initiatives, budget/projection matters, etc.; preparing or coordinating the preparation of major capital requests for each platform
- Providing financial and business support to business initiatives such as new product development, acquisitions, divestitures, special projects, etc.
- Developing and coaching of direct report(s) and mentoring of other finance associates as needed.
- 5-8+ years' relevant work experience in financial analysis and reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- MBA/CPA strongly preferred
- Candidate must be highly proficient working with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient with other Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Working knowledge of SAP, Business Warehouse and Hyperion desirable.
- Strong leadership skills – ability to lead and serve as an effective team member in a large organization including planning, developing, organizing, directing, managing, and evaluating personnel.
- Candidate must demonstrate desire and potential to advance to roles within Finance organization which will require higher levels of skill and capabilities
- Candidate should be well organized and possess good analytical and communication skills.
- Analytical skills should include a strong understanding of valuation metrics such as IRR, MIRR, net present value, terminal value, payback period, etc.
- Candidate must be willing to occasionally travel both domestically and internationally; the estimated travel commitment is 10-15%.
- Experience with a multi-national and matrixed organization.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment.
- The successful candidate will have a track record of assuming increasing responsibility and proactive business partnering.
- Ability to work in a highly visible role that will interact with individuals at all organizational levels, internal and external, and at remote locations.