Are you passionate about creating intelligent solutions that inspire and unlock creativity and reinvent productivity? Do you enjoy working on a dynamic and innovative team delivering insights and experiences to finance and accounting professionals?
As member of the Corporate Finance BI Team (FBI), you will play an important role in transforming and modernizing Corporate Finance including ways we produce, manage and utilize information to open new possibilities and create value. In addition, you will play an important role in empowering finance teams to improve productivity through digital transformation and technology .
The ideal candidate for this position will be passionate about:
- To dream, design & deliver digital transformation, bringing innovative ideas, and leveraging the Microsoft Platform.
- Delivering industry-shaping change from a cloud-first technology perspective that will scale for world-wide scope and audience.
- Strategic thinking with balance of operational execution and delivery of technology-enabled projects that deliver business value by bringing the benefits of technology to transform the business.
- Own the solutions for Intelligent contract management and other use cases that leverage cognitive visual languages and natural language processes
- Drive new capabilities for solutions and enable use cases for business groups leveraging machine learning and advanced analytics
- Ensure design and deployment of reporting solutions that automate processes and provide high value insight.
- Demonstrate prototypes and solutions to executive stakeholders and finance team members.
- Propose and design architectural and technical approaches.
- Continuously seek data and recommend strategies and ideas to reduce churn, optimize, implement a creative solution to a problem, scale, automate, and simplify.
- Ensure the automation solutions are stable, scalable, supportable and dependable
- Innovating new tools and processes that simplify and expedite achieving our goals
- Establish metrics design reviews, engineering best practices and additional processes for development teams to follow
- Apply project management skills to plan, manage scope and proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Establish communication with proper escalation channels to provide timely, consistent, audience- appropriate information across stakeholders.
Core job qualifications for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Education/Certification: Bachelor's degree in finance, computer science or information management or related discipline
- Broad understanding of technology, including current and emerging digital solutions
- Technical Skills/Excellence: Experience in programming in C#, C++, Java, or other computer programming languages and in R, Python, SQL Server, SSAS (cube), SSIS(ETL), Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Lake and the Microsoft BI and AI stack.
- Situational awareness to adapt and solve challenges from a business and technology perspective.
- Business Acumen: Experience with Financial Statements and Finance processes including knowledge of reporting systems.
- Enabling Others: Find ways to accomplish more by enabling others. Use an inclusive approach to stakeholder engagement, teamwork, and problem-solving by welcoming diverse points of view, leveraging the talent of others, and searching for new, holistic solutions.
- Process Excellence: The ability to build frameworks that guide consistent decision making and allocation of resources which is a critically important element of prioritization.
- Building Customer and Partner Relationships: Experienced in establishing and maturing relationships across multiple teams.
- Confidence: Take ownership of challenging situations that require engagement with Director/Sr. Director/GM stakeholders. Engage stakeholders to drive positive outcomes.
- Cross-Boundary Collaboration: Take ownership and develop relationships with peers, delivery partners, and stakeholders that facilitates a "we-team" culture for shared business outcomes.
- Interpersonal Awareness: The ability to understand people from various points of view and perspectives.
- Influencing for Impact: Strong negotiation, consensus and team building skills.
- Strategic Insight: The ability to understand the broader business and information strategies, priorities, issues and opportunities.
- Strong algorithmic problem-solving skills.
- Experience in using data-exploration techniques to discover new or previously unasked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.