The Senior Finance Auditor leads the planning, fieldwork supervision and reporting of internal audit assignments.
Performs full and limited scope reviews, tests and evaluates systems of internal control, reliability of financial information, safeguarding of company’s assets, compliance with established policies and procedures, and adherence to state and federal regulations.
Reports on the results of the audit, makes recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions, improvements in operations, expense reductions, and revenue opportunities.
Job Dimension & Responsibilities:
· Conducts and supervises audit assignments as assigned.
· Develops a detailed risk assessment and the related audit planning memo and audit programs to test controls mitigating risks identified.
· Makes preliminary determination of records and activities to audit and scope of audit testing.
· Performs tests and other review procedures to adequately examine business controls and identify areas of weakness or risk. Ensures that audit assignments are completed within established time constraints.
· Prepares audit work-papers and reviews work-papers submitted by audit staff for accuracy, completeness, and compliance to company and professional standards.
· Timely prepares reports at the completion of each audit assignment on the results of the examination, highlighting weaknesses identified and recommendations for improved internal controls and procedures.
· Assists on special projects including but not limited to compliance and due diligence examinations, or other assignments requiring a more thorough understanding of complex financial issues.
· Participates in the training, development and motivation of staff to maintain standards of knowledge, skills and disciplines essential to the performance of internal audit.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Travel requirements 15% - 20%.
Business Experience/Educational Background
· High level of competency in GAAP and IIA auditing standards coupled with excellent understanding of business concepts, processes and operations.
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Experience in technology, e-commerce, manufacturing, equipment leasing and/or commercial banking, lease accounting, or related financial services experience.
· Minimum of 5 - 7 years internal audit, public accounting, or related business experience.
· Fluency or aptitude in one or more languages is desirable particularly French or German.
· BS/BA in business related field.
· CPA/CIA/CISA/MBA desirable.