At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
The position’s key responsibility is managing the day-to-day operations and being the eyes & ears of the Controller. The team is comprised of a Controller and Senior Financial Analyst, who work closely on the business side supporting Plant Leadership in key decision making. The FP&A Analyst acts as the key contact for all Plant spending, working closely with functional areas along with the Commercial team in Columbus, Ohio. The Analyst also aids the Controller in the day-to-day ad hoc requests from both Nutritious Snacks headquarters and Abbott Nutrition Supply Chain.
- Development of annual standard costs
- Provide insight and analysis for year over year cost changes
- Provide support for preparation of annual Plan packages presented to senior management
- Strategic partnership across various functional areas, to assess financial viability of future product launches by developing cost estimates
- Financial support for Actuals, Plan and LBE cycles
- Perform and evaluate analytics related to product cost variances and other operations support
- Costing support for M&P projects
- Other ad hoc costing requests
- Requires 5years of progressive Finance and Accounting experience in Commercial, Reporting and/or Cost positions
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills are essential
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Individual must effectively manage workload to ensure deadlines are not missed
- Must be highly motivated and have a desire to innovate and create new ways of looking at things
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment is essential
- Excellent communication skills are essential, as this role interacts with multiple levels within the Nutritious Snacks/ANSC organizations
- Strong PC/system skills, including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with SAP and Host systems is desirable
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting