Sr. Field Support Engineer
11 - 15 years experience • Industrial Equipment & Supply
Provides customer support and engineering through the performance of small projects, on-site installation, as well as troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Product and system start-up, system integration support, and production optimization.
- Consultation regarding the application of products, technologies, manufacturing processes and industry-specific applications
- Project and site management support including management of project activities such as scheduling, budgeting and human resources to ensure that the project meets the customers and Rockwell’s expectations.
- Identification and correction of hardware failures, firmware problems and programming deficiencies, as well as the implementation of hardware/firmware updates and upgrades.
- Instruction/training of customers on proper use, operation and maintenance of Rockwell Products.
- Development, implementation and execution of predictive and preventive maintenance programs.
- On-call emergency service support and troubleshooting assistance (24X7).
- Travel to remote work sites from the service engineer's field office city location will also be required. (Work assignments at remote city locations may be for extended periods of time.)
*Can work out of the Philadelphia office or York, PA office.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering discipline or the equivalent of 10 years experience.
- 10 or more years of successful site support or controls engineering.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability for local travel greater than 50% of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
"Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening."