Sr. Field Service Engineer
Open to York, PA OR Philadelphia, PA
The Sr. Field Service Engineer provides customer support and engineering through the performance of small projects, on-site installation, as well as troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Product and system start-up, system integration support, and production optimization.
- Consultation regarding the application of products, technologies, manufacturing processes and industry-specific applications
- Project and site management support including management of project activities such as scheduling, budgeting and human resources to ensure that the project meets the customers and Rockwell?s expectations.
- Identification and correction of hardware failures, firmware problems and programming deficiencies, as well as the implementation of hardware/firmware updates and upgrades.
- Instruction/training of customers on proper use, operation and maintenance of Rockwell Products.
- Capable of addressing issues or challenges related to systems or applications.
- On-call emergency service support and troubleshooting assistance (24X7).
- Travel to remote work sites from the service engineer's field office city location will also be required. (Work assignments at remote city locations may be for extended periods of time.)
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor?s Degree, or in-lieu of a degree, a minimum of 4yrs working experience, preferably in Engineering, Manufacturing, Industrial Automation, Consumer Packaged Goods, or other related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, preferably in industries such as Chemical, Food & Beverage, Consumer Goods, Manufacturing, or other related industries.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- RA product knowledge; VFD (variable Frequency drives), drive systems, PLC, HMI, or MCC. Wondware knowledge or experience is a plus.
- Experience in a leadership role.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.