Rexnord's Digital Services team has an opportunity for a Sr. Field Service Engineer to supervise, repair, and install IIoT products in the field.
- Travels worldwide to supervise, and at times, provide hands-on service, repair and installation of all products manufactured by the BU.
- Write a full-service report and complete associated paperwork following each service call.
- Performs training sessions and seminars for Rexnord Product customers at various locations as needed by Rexnord, Distributors and end customers. Train other Field Service Technicians as required.
- Effectively communicate relevant feedback to appropriate departments regarding the field performance of Rexnord products.
- Troubleshoot customer complaints when customer's entire system needs investigation.
- Partner with sellers and business development team to identify opportunities to solve customer issues
- Make continuous improvements to automate and simplify the inquiry and selection process, to improve the customer's experience, minimize response time, and improve our quality and capability.
- Knowledge of Rexnord products, good oral communication, written communication and mechanical abilities required.
- Drives Results
- Being Resilient
- Customer Focus
- Manages Complexity
Experience and Skill Required
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering plus five (5) years related experience (Electronics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology)
- Previous experience in industrial automation products such as PLC or DCS and industrial networking required with experience in power transmission industry preferred
- Previous experience with industrial network protocols like Ethernet/IP, Profinet, and Modbus/TCP
- Previous customer service experience in power transmission industry is beneficial
- Working knowledge of instrumenting equipment with sensors for data monitoring to HMI and cloud-based systems
- Working knowledge of network devices like routers, switches, etc. that are used in a networking environment, within a factory facility preferred
- Working knowledge of wireless devices and how to integrate them into an industrial network preferred
- Strong communication skills to interact verbally and in writing with a variety of internal and external customers
- Demonstrated proficiency and computer skills, Windows operating systems, Microsoft applications/spreadsheets, customer relationship management and sales tools
- Must be familiar with measuring and hand tools and be able to use them accurately. Ability to read both parts and assembly drawings.
- Knowledge of SAP and/or Salesforce.com CRM is beneficial
- Travel at 80%
- Ability to carry and lift heavy tools, equipment, and components (up to 60 lbs).
- Valid Driver's license is required