Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and passionate engineer with a love of fasteners.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. All candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Owns joint development for all High Voltage products
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Design, Manufacturing, Quality and Service teams to develop robust joint solutions.
- Design custom fastening solutions where necessary
- Continuously improve current products
- Write and lead development and validation test plans for all HV fasteners
- Diligently follow industry standards where applicable
- Drive communication with external vendors to ensure requirements are met
- Work autonomously, with minimal direction
- Five years’ experience working with fasteners and joints
- Demonstrate sound understanding of material compatibility and the physics of joint loads
- Experience defining custom torque profiles from first principles
- Can demonstrate critical thinking and reach conclusions based on data
- Excellent 3D CAD skills in at least one professional CAD package
- Solid understanding of GD&T standards
- Solid understanding of material selection and DFM principles
- Solid understanding of various manufacturing processes
- History of working independently with limited oversight
- Ability to mitigate unforeseen problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competency in Catia (V5 or V6)
- Five years’ experience working in the Automotive Industry
- Experience with High Voltage Systems preferred
- The ability to show and explain extra-curricular activities that demonstrate initiative and a genuine passion in a similar or related field. This could be a conversation piece or a more formal portfolio of work
- BS in Mechanical and/or Materials Engineering, Master's Preferred