The Sr. Facilities Project Engineer will support our clients by meeting client manufacturing objectives for reliability, quality, safety and cost. Areas of engineering responsibility may include: bulk chemicals, bulk gas(s), life safety systems, ultra-pure water, mechanical, I&C and electrical.
- Review and approve engineering designs for manufacturing systems
- Collaborate with architects, engineers and contractors on new construction/renovation projects
- Review cost estimates and budgets
- Work on multiple projects
- Current building code knowledge
- Read and interpret design drawings and specifications.
- Lead project team(s) as required
- Application of engineering skills and tools
- 12 + years’ engineering experience with any of the following areas:
Chemical engineering, pumps, valves, flow calculations
Mechanical facilities engineering, HVAC, exhaust, chillers, boilers and compressor systems
Electrical engineering drawings & calculations, low and medium voltage power, load flow analysis
Instrumentation devices for measurement of temperature, pressure, flow , humidity using GE, Siemens and Rockwell hardware and software.
Facilities water systems or waste systems including chemical piping, neutralization, filtration, pumps, valves, flow calculations, testing.
Facilities bulk chemical and or gas delivery systems.
- Experience with Mechanical, Electrical and Process (MEP) engineers and technicians.
- Experience with multi-discipline large capital projects involving Owners, General Contractors, Contractors, and System Integrators.
- Good Understanding of Design/Build (Engineering and Construction)
- Familiar with facilities document control systems
- Experience with as-built drawings that are incorporated into master CAD drawings
- Experience with project close out: reviewing construction specifications, as-builts, O&M manuals and submittals
- Experience with CAD support on projects
- Proficient with written and verbal technical communication including generating reports and conducting group presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or similar degree preferred
- Associate’s degree in a related area or equivalent experience
- Professional Engineer or EIT certification desired
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments