Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Design.
- Six (6) years of experience in architectural planning and programming of medical, clinical or biomedical facilities.
- Registration by State Board of Architectural Examiners is a requirement. The American Planning Association's American Institute of Certified Planners certification is desired.
- Preferred: Ten (10) years of experience in architectural planning and programming of medical, clinical or biomedical facilities.
- Works directly with campus executives, administrators, faculty, and staff to plan, program and design facilities and space use.
- Utilize business plans related to remodeling and new construction of facility projects.
- Develops Project Programs in concert with designated staff for approved projects.
- Assist the Director of Planning and Design in planning, programming, review, design and administration of complicated and large scale major capital construction projects.
- Prepares schematic plans from approved Project Programs.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and provides professional architectural planning and programming consultation services relative to stakeholder needs.
- Assist with developing architectural programming documents and design standards for new construction, renovations and remodeling of campus buildings.
- Researches applicable building codes and regulations relative to campus projects and plans submitted by outside architectural firms to ensure compliance, as needed.
- Assist with outside consultants and in-house design team to develop the design documents and specifications for University renovation and capital projects, as needed.
- May supervise professional and/ or support staff personnel.
Job Number: 315459