If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 62773
Skyworks’ is looking for an experienced Facilities Engineer to efficiently plan changes to our facilities, which includes our manufacturing plant, offices, & production equipment layouts. The goal is to work towards the economy of operation, maximum use of facilities and equipment, and compliance with laws and regulations.
Day to day activities include following but not limited to:
- Providing technical support for all plant/facilities functions, including HVAC/Electrical/Plumbing.
- Managing and overlooking on-site electrical generation systems including power plants to maximize site energy and efficiency.
- Conducting a root-cause investigation and corrective action plan for critical facilities systems failure.
- Coordinating with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail engineering drawings and project specifications containing equipment, materials, estimated cost and schedules.
- Working in close partnership with Operations, IT, Equipment Engineering, and other Business Leadership groups.
- Researching new products and systems.
- Reviewing and estimating design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation and other related costs.
- Preparing bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition.
- Inspecting construction and installation progress for conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
- Developing criteria and performance specifications required to meet unique operating requirements and building and safety codes.
- Collaborating with the operations dept. to develop flexible manufacturing floorplan design and process flow in support of lean manufacturing systems.
- BS Degree in an Engineering discipline and 8+ years’ experience
- Hands-on facilities and systems experience in a semiconductor or related manufacturing field. operating 24/7.
- MS Office and Project
- Experience working with AutoCAD
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of physical plant systems, preventative maintenance, and building maintenance
- Expertise in HVAC, compressor, vacuum, process cooling and chiller systems
- A proven ability to provide the appropriate solution for the current and future landscape
- A high-energy approach and a positive attitude with the ability to assimilate to and complement the existing culture
- Flexibility, agility and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent project management skills
- The ability to facilitate and drive root cause analysis and experience with "5 Whys" and/or "Six Sigma" methodology
- A track record of being extremely customer-focused
- The ability to continually look to improve efficiency and reduce cost
- Results orientated and the ability to transform requirements and needs into actions and achievements
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in a 24/7 manufacturing facility
- Experience with documentation system software, QSI knowledge
- Facility SCAD systems software – (e.g.Johnson Controls, RSview, Ignition, Schneider Wonderware)
- SAP, HTML, Java a plus
- Computer networks and systems
- ISO 9001 & 14001