WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Senior Manager, Event Marketing will take the lead on the event strategy for Magic: The Gathering’s digital titles. The role will define the thought leadership and strategy for how to incorporate live events into the overall marketing strategy for each title. A strong candidate will be able to move between strategy and execution daily.
You will be comfortable influencing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization and possess a high level of autonomy while managing a variety of priorities.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Event development and execution for a variety of types of events including conventions, trade shows, press tours, launch events, streaming events, etc.
- Manage turnkey production companies, decorators, convention centers, hotels, union labor, rental equipment companies, electricians, cash management agencies, etc.
- Manage all internal Wizards/Hasbro and contracted event staff at assigned events.
- Arrange staff training and schedules, travel, lodging, pre-event information, and post eventreports for assigned events.
- Manage logistics pre, on-site and post event; handle communication, quotes, prepayments, invoices, and post event balances due. Manage and evaluate all vendor services and companies.
- Key stakeholder on the digital product marketing teams.
- Collaborating with the other team members to develop the overall marketing strategy, attending team meetings, creating documentation to show strategic approach, keeping current on the competitive landscape
- Administrative work including budget work, contract writing, processing of paperwork, expense reports, archiving, and internal communications.
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- 5-7+ years of experience in the video gaming events industry.
- Experience producing events at a top tier video gaming convention or equivalent event.
- Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Highly creative and innovative.
- Resourceful. Tenacious.
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly.
- Very strong initiative, ability to work independently
- Ability to work under stressful situations and tight deadlines.
- Budget management experience.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a fast paced environment.
Education and Training:
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, event promotion, theater or a related discipline.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and relevant work experience may be substituted.