The Master Data Management (MDM) team within the eBusiness unit of Travelers Insurance is looking for a Senior ETL Developer to act as subject matter expert to analyze, design, develop, implement and support data quality and ETL solutions using Informatica under established technical architecture.
The person will need to understand business and technical requirements and work extensively hands-on to develop, test and deploy the solution. The candidate must be able to perform the job functions independently with limited supervision. The person will be responsible for both implementation of ongoing projects and enhancement and support of existing production systems. The position will be part of an Agile delivery team is required to following the SDLC process and system delivery standard and guidelines.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Acquire and interpret business requirements, create technical artifacts and determine most efficient design solution.
- Perform source data analysis and data profiling and work with business analyst to create data quality and transformation rules.
- Design , develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve ETL programs primarily using Informatica Data Quality, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripts.
- Performance improvement & tuning of Informatica mappings, SQL & PL/SQL scripts.
- Perform technical reviews, data validation & end to end testing of ETL Objects.
- Deliver high quality code through hands on development with attention to detail.
- Analyze/research issues and provide solutions to quickly resolve them.
- Work closely in an Agile team of product owner, engineers and scrum master in a collaborative environment.
- Actively participate in solution design with system engineers and architects.
- Adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques and best practices.
- Acts as subject matter expert for assigned applications, systems or technologies.
- Collaborate with project team and other key stakeholders to identify, estimate, and prioritize project and/or enhancement activities.
- Build, maintain, and utilize partnerships across the enterprise.
- Provides team direction, mentorship, and feedback to junior technical resources.
- Other duties as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent required. 5 years of programming/development experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 7 years of programming/development experience preferred.
- Technical lead experience preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience in Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) or Informatica Powercenter in a large scale enterprise environment.
- Experience must include building standardization rules, data quality rules, cleanse rules, creating and maintaining data quality scorecards and creating human tasks for exception handling.
- Experience with other common ETL tools including but not limited to IBM Datastage, Ab Initio or Talend is a plus.
- Experience with Informatica IDQ 10+.
- Experience working in a project integrating data with Informatica MDM or other MDM platform.
- Experience integrating with message queue services.
- Preferred candidate should have experience writing Java programs to extend the usage of the Informatica suite.
- Experience writing and tuning complex SQL statement in RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 or Teradata.
- Experience tuning ETL process in Informatica.
- Experience working with NOSQL database such as MongoDB.
- Experience creating shell script in a UNIX/LINUX environment.
- Experience with common job scheduling tool such as AUTOSYS.