UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While we’ve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named an Iowa Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register for four consecutive years, and included on Forbes’ “America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
The Senior ETL Developer is responsible for leading technical design and development, aligning technical solutions with business design & Data Architect’s standards.
- Work closely with Data Architect to understand the existing structure and recommend improvements based upon performance issues and data profiling.
- Develop the data warehouse design to seamlessly accommodate both legacy and new policy and billing data
- Work closely with Lead DBA to identify and implement performance tuning opportunities
- Identify and execute the change data capture for each source object
- Execute and test initial and delta loads
- Extract, transform and load data from legacy systems into BI applications and end user data marts
- Monitor and profile the ETL process for performance
- Resolves conflicts and ensures technical deliverables are on track
- Ensures technical tasks and risks are defined and incorporated into project plan
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience with ETL Development and data warehousing including:
- Extracting, transforming, and loading data using SSIS and T-SQL
- Experience with front end reporting tools such as Tableau and Cognos
- Experience with data cleansing and masking routines
- Developing end user interfaces to the warehouse and writing technical documentation
- SQL query optimization
- Experience with SAP/Elixir/BODS is a plus.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of data warehousing processes, procedures and design concepts
- In depth knowledge of ETL tools, concepts, and optimization
- Advanced Microsoft SQL Server knowledge including the creations of complex SSIS packages, T-SQL scripting, and advanced process profiling and query optimization
- Understanding of OLAP vs OLTP data processing
- Expertise related to data management, modeling, scripting, data model rationalization and database products
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Effective analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Proven team player