We are looking for Sr. ETL Developer for our client in ?Minneapolis, MN
Job Title: Sr. ETL Developer
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- A Senior ETL Developer is needed to help complete the client's assessment on tax payments system.
- The main focus of the project is to implement a new, Windows-based, property tax system which will replace the mainframe system that processes property tax payments for the client.
Scope of services/description of work to be performed :
- The Senior ETL Developer must be a seasoned professional who can work at the program level and mentor others on the project team. Scope of services include working with the stakeholders from the business, project team, and vendor to:
- Create/modify ETL (SSIS) packages to ensure correct data extraction for vendor conversion activities
- Perform data validation by writing/modifying complex SQL scripts in SSMS
- Record detailed results of validation including defects and documentation issues in tracking system (JIRA)
- Review and validate vendor responses to reported bugs
- Analyze vendor provided documentation to ensure scripts accurately test data accordingly
- Interact with business subject matter experts and vendors relating to data migration activities
- Collaborate with project Business Analyst and other project team members as needed
- Provide status on assigned work as requested using established tools
- Attend project related meetings
- Complete other project related tasks as assigned
- Analyze multiple scripts and ETL packages to gain an understanding of data flow in the absence of comprehensive documentation
- Adapt to vendor driven changes from source to target mappings
- Specific skills/experiencerequired:
- Five years' experience writing and scripting complex SQL queries using SQL Server Management Studio
- Five years' experience creating and modifying ETL based solutions in SSIS using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Two years' experience in working on a large data migration effort from a legacy (DB2) database to a SQL server
- Two years' experience in translating ETL/Transformation rules into SQL scripts
- Desired -SQL server database admin (SA)
- Project deliverables:
- Complete test cases and execute testing for multiple business areas related to the property tax and assessment.
- Remote work and travel are not available for this assignment. Preference will be given to local candidates.