As a member of the Business Intelligence team, the candidate will be responsible for designing and developing solutions to extract, transform, clean, and load data and metadata into staging databases, data warehouse and other semantic layer objects in an Agile SDLC environment using Microsoft SQL Server and the Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS/PBIRS, SSAS, Power BI). Additionally, this position will provide the ongoing support of existing BI solutions, as well as the development of new functionality to include reports, dashboards, and BI solutions to enable APA staff to support tactical and strategic decision making.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5-7 years of relevant data warehouse and business intelligence experience.
- Working knowledge of data architecture.
- At least 5 years of experience with all aspects of the BI life cycle preferred. Proven knowledge of data warehouse and ETL methodology. Advanced user of Power BI as a BI tool (i.e. writing queries and measures using SQL, DAX).
- High degree of technical competency (e.g. data warehouse design, ETL processes, report development and visualization).
- Proven project management skills.
- Strong computer skills including a working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office products Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills, time management, as well as demonstrated experience with statistical analysis.
- Should be fluent in data modeling language and techniques.
- Must be detail and process oriented and possess a collaborative working style and the ability to work both independently in a team environment.
- Experience working in an Agile Development and Cloud environment a plus.
- 6+ years of experience within a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
- Strong understanding of Data Warehouse and ETL principles, servers, databases and data connections. Proficient in ETL processes, including data standardization and data cleansing. Experience should include development of database objects as well as complex ETL experience utilizing SSIS/SSDT.
- 5+ years as a BI developer; expertise in T-SQL; stored procedures, triggers, views and functions.
- Proficient data modeling skills, translating logical and physical models into Microsoft SQL Server environment.
- 5+ years of experience developing complex BI solutions using Microsoft SSRS, DAX and Power BI.
- 3+ years of experience with gathering requirements from end users and/or business analyst partners and translate the analyzed data into business language and visualizations.
- Demonstrated experience in creating KPI, Measure, Dimension, Hierarchy, dashboard and scorecards from multiple data sources.
- Enhance and maintain backend data in the data warehouse, including dimensional requirements for semantic-layer and proposed data lake.
- Work with data team to query and optimize server performance tuning and enhance SSIS processes in place and automate ETL jobs for recurring imports (improve refresh times as necessary).
- Design and develop tabular cubes/models based on requirements for optimal performance and ease of use.
- Architect, build, and launch new data models that enable reporting and analytics in our self-service semantic layer in Power BI.
- Build, enhance and update current APA Data Dictionary.
- Collaborate and work with users understand reporting and analytic requirements to build robust Enterprise/management dashboards and scorecards from multiple sources.
- Collaborate and work with Business Analysts/Management in ideation, storyboarding and mock-ups/designs in the requirements process.
- Work with business SMEs, BI developer and data team using agile process to evaluate and profile current data quality, identify possible issues, clean-up and update production data as necessary.
- Work with FONTEVA data owners to understand legacy data and gather data requirements from the business and produce detailed data mapping documents.
- Help maintain, document and administer business intelligence platforms, models and architecture as needed (PBIRS and Power BI Self-Service tools).
- Create, enhance, update APA Standard dashboard and report style themes, quick start guides and documentation.