Markent Personnel is looking for a qualified Sr. Estimator MUST have experience in the oil and gas industry.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Strong experience in gas pipeline construction (non-negotiable - HVAC/wastewater/etc will not be considered)
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to perform effectively despite sudden deadlines and changing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft Office required.
- Basic estimating software knowledge preferred.
- Experience estimating for pipeline construction projects.
- Experience in estimating projects of $5-$10 million or more.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Identifies and qualifies all cost factors such as time, labor, materials, equipment, engineering, manufacturing, delivery, and other expenses to generate accurate estimates.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction by meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Informs immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database.
- Collaborates with the Accounting Department with invoicing, auditing material, charge-outs, and material credit accuracy.
- Confers with contractors, subcontractors, and management on changes and adjustments to estimates.
- Reviews estimates in accordance with the company’s quote policy and otherinternal controls.
- Makes estimates where predetermined standards are not available.
- Prepares estimates and supporting documentation used by management for the purpose of planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Consults with customers, vendors, and personnel from other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Researches blueprints, specifications, and technical documents to determine accurate estimations.