Yates is proud to be an industry leader in construction and engineering services. To be a top of class organization, Yates is dedicated to hiring individuals who understand the importance of safety; instills integrity in all aspects of their lives; are passionate about what they do; and committed to providing value to our clients.
This position will be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation for commercial construction project proposals and bids. Identify and computes labor, material, and time costs by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications and other bid documents.
- Minimum 10 years previous commercial construction estimating experience with public, private or federal projects is required
- Significant knowledge and experience on CM/GC, CMaR, Design Build projects, complex competitive bid projects, conceptual estimating and preconstruction services.
- Proven track record of success working internally with an operations team, upper management and externally with Owners, Architects/Engineers, and subcontractors.
- B.S. Degree – Construction Management, Construction Engineering or Civil Engineering
Skills and Abilities
- Forward thinking, progressive, dynamic leader who has excellent interpersonal and management skills.
- Knowledge of construction market including pricing conventions and trends
- Well-rounded base of knowledge in construction disciplines
- Thorough understanding of project logistics and project schedules.
- Ability to read and understand construction specifications and drawings.
- Strong knowledge of standard estimating practices.
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills.
- Ability to identify and manage people to accomplish required objectives
- Comfortable in presentations and project interviews.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and handle pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and a positive attitude always.
- Ability to get along with different personalities and be a fully contributing team player.
- Familiarity / Proficiency with the following software programs