- Review scope of construction work to be completed to determine the type of work, basic materials, project duration and define the responsibilities for construction.
- Use information available and background knowledge to assemble complete competent bidders’ list to coordinate pre-bid meetings, bid review meetings, and to track job costs throughout the project.
- Participate in the selection of the “qualified” subcontractors and the identification of assignments given due to knowledge of past performances.
- Use established estimating procedures/standards as guidelines in the performance of routine duties and participate in the development of new/revised procedures/standards as required.
- Conduct quantity survey activities in order to produce accurate estimates for each scope/division of work.
- Secure pricing from subcontractors; use internal database and team expertise to determine cost of self-perform work.
Must have experience with the following
- College degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Seven years practical employment experience in the construction industry, with at least five years experience in an estimating position preferred.
- Candidate must possess the ability to handle a fast paced, highly competitive environment within a team-based work group.
Contact me via email if interested with resume and salary requirements to: code JSELFSE OR if you know a candidate that might be qualified for this role and your refer them we will pay a $500.00 "referral bonus" if your candidate is hired.