The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago is seeking an experienced Senior Analyst to join our Enterprise Risk Management team. The group takes on a diverse role in identifying, evaluating, measuring, and monitoring key risks to the Bank. The primary responsibility is evaluating new activities and services, with a focus on the Bank?s mortgage purchase program.
*Position Level may be higher or lower, dependent on the selected candidate's experience.
- Assess how the market, credit and operational risks associated with new or modified mortgage program products or services fit within the Bank's strategy and risk profile.
- Analyze the volumes, quality, risk, and performance of the Bank?s mortgage program.
- Conduct analysis of mortgage program KRIs and KPIs for purposes of enterprise riskreporting.
- Streamline and automate consumption of key data from large and complex sources to supportrisk analysis of the Bank?s mortgage program.
- Build and maintain reporting dashboards to enhance Risk Management reporting, leveraging business intelligence tools such as Tableau.
- Encourage teamwork, professionalism and high morale, throughout the department and the Bank and assists otherrisk groups as needed.
- Create efficiencies within work tasks to eliminate or reduce manual processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in the secondary mortgage market required, preferably in a Risk or Financial Analyst role.
- Strong risk and data analytical skills which can translate to riskreporting.
- Ability to review new products and services and understand process flows and identify inherent risks.
- In-depth experience organizing, consuming and analyzing large and complex data is requried.
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Suite, especially Excel is required.
- Experience using Tableau is preferred.
- Bachelor?s degree with an emphasis in Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics and/or equivalent work experience is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND BEHAVIORS:
- Ability to work independently, accurately and to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external clients and industry professionals.
- Candidate must be motivated to learn and succeed in a demanding environment that requires solutions to complex challenges.
- Candidate must work well in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to present on complex topics to senior management.