Partner Engineering and Science, Inc. is seeking a full time Sr. Environmental Project Manager to work in in our San Francisco, CA office.
This individual will have a minimum of 10 to 20 years of experience in environmental consulting in California as a licensed Engineer, Hydrogeologist, Geologist, or related discipline. Must have experience with Phase I/II Environmental Site Assessments, Remedial Investigations and Feasibility studies to perform all project management responsibilities including planning, executing, reviewing, and finalizing projects according to deadlines and within budget. An understanding of environmental regulations at the State and Federal level is expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Manage multiple projects concurrently from Phase I/II ESA, and environmental remediation
- Oversee quality control throughout the project's life cycle
- Coordinating the efforts of Partner team members to deliver projects according to plan
- Cultivate strong relationships with the Partner team members and the Client in order to successfully deliver a quality within a designated time frame
- Mentor staff
Manage project from Proposal stage through submittal of the final report. This may include but is not limited to the following:
- Perform quality assurance (QA) review and quality control (QC) of Phase I/II Environmental Site Assessments, including text and appendices.
- Generate proposals, engage subcontractors and field staff, monitor project progress, and communicate with clients.
- Effectively communicate project expectations (i.e., Client-specific SOW, templates) to team members and staff in a timely and clear fashion throughout the course of the project.
- Provide solid recommendations and solutions to relationship managers and clients, while understanding the assessment's potential impact on the transaction process.
- Identify and resolve issues with projects.
- Deliver appropriate progress reports (verbally or e-mail), recommendations to the relationship manager and Client.
- Manage client follow-up, questions, and concerns.
- Communicate and coordinate follow up questions with field staff during review process
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members.
- Coordinate and respond to client requests for changes in project scope, address revisions.
- Facilitate delivery of final report and invoice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of ASTM-1527-13 and the Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Process as well as the Phase II/Site Investigation process.
- Understanding/familiarity with environmental regulations at the State and Federal level
- Excellent communication skills (internal and external)
- Strong focus on customer service
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Proven ability to successfully deliver a quality product on time
- Exceptional technical writing skills
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships within a team
- Understanding of the concept of environmental consulting as it pertains to risk management and due diligence
- Proficient in project estimating/proposals.
- Bachelor Degree from accredited university in environmental science, environmental engineering, biology or similar technical discipline.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in environmental consulting or environmental due diligence or risk management related services.
- Must be able to read, write, speak & comprehend English
- Must be able to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone
- Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screen