The Sr. Enterprise System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, operating, monitoring and maintaining systems' hardware, software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing improvement within the infrastructure. This position also ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to eHealth organizational policies. This position is responsible for Macintosh patching, software packaging, and policy management via JAMF Pro.
- Macintosh Administration and Support
- Macintosh Hardening
- Macintosh Upgrades
- JAMF Administration
- Active Directory Administration
- MDM Administration
- Verify application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Make recommendations on global policies as relating to IT services and operations, business systems and related processes and procedures.
- Partner and coordinate resources and timetables with user departments, Site Ops, Enterprise Systems and Business Application groups.
- Assist and ensure compliance for HiTrust, PCI, SOX, MARS-E, etc.
- Bridge US and international functions to drive for standardization, compliance and scalability.
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- 5+ years experience managing Macintosh computers in an enterprise environment using JAMF/Casper Suite
- 5+ years experience provisioning, operating, monitoring and maintaining systems' hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- BS Degree in Information Technology, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Windows server Administration and engineering experience in an enterprise IT environment, having performed operational and break/fix activity along with engineering and design
- Solid understanding of PCI, SOX, MARS-E, HIPAA.
- High-level of integrity along with the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality with ability to operate under a global mindset.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to rapidly changing priorities in order to address/resolve the most critical/sensitive issues on a timely basis.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills, which will allow ready establishment of credibility and acceptance by management peers and employees.