When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
Do you have extensive experience producing, manipulating, implementing, and enhancing Enterprise Architecture concepts, roadmaps, principles, and effective strategies? Do you possess the knowledge and skills in the EA disciplines with the primary strength in application architecture, as well as business architecture, data architecture, and infrastructure architecture? We’re looking for an experienced Senior Enterprise Architect for our Enterprise Solutions Architecture team. In this role, you’ll provide leadership for our software enterprise architecture initiatives across Vizient and drive architecture and technology convergence, focusing on economies of scale to ensure the right technologies and platforms are deployed to achieve strategic business outcomes and are adaptable to future needs. You'll also provide software technical leadership across Vizient to facilitate innovation in new software-based solutions.
- Be a technical expert, sought after for technical expertise and guidance for the most complex and advanced technology content to fulfill alignment between business and technology strategy, and to provide optimal technology functioning for the business.
- Determine how new technology solutions should be built and how technology should be built in order to reside across multiple solutions/projects to maximize efficiency and effectiveness ultimately resulting in technical design(s) and plan(s).
- Facilitate architectural guidance and advice to ensure all aspects of the development process (technical designs, solutions, planning, implementation) meet architectural guidelines, minimize costs, are built in a speed-to-market manner, align with the future technology strategy, and are adaptable to future technology solutions.
- Ensure enterprise systems functioning is optimal; review, analyze, and improve on existing systems.
- Serve as a key contributor and influencer on new technology platform adoption; seek out and explore new technologies for possible implementation to further improve user experiences, enterprise integration, performance and scalability, and system qualities and development efficiencies.
- Perform analysis for technical planning and technology formation to continuously meet the needs of the business, creating comprehensive technology formulation across the enterprise, including but not limited to cost – benefit analysis, technical components, research, and comparison.
- Promote technology reuse throughout the enterprise for best technology functioning, technological interoperability, and support of budget.
- May conduct proof of concept for technology tools or components.
- Maintain currency of deep technology knowledge; introduce applicable technology in alignment with Vizient goals and for creative solutions.
- Introduce innovative ideas for technology projects, solutions, or planning while maintaining low cost structure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years Enterprise architecture, software design & development experience
- 7+ years experience with object oriented design and object oriented
- 12+ years of experience in related field preferred
- Hands on expertise in Java stack, especially in Enterprise and Hadoop ecosystem of technologies
- Experience in enterprise-wide technology stacks and system integration.
- Expertise with current agile and devops processes
- Knowledge of software and systems design patterns and understanding of how and when to apply them
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex issues using simple concepts adjusted to an audience and their skills
- Excellent analytical and conceptual design skills; strong problem-solving skills; excellent creative thinking and developing skills; take initiative
- Knowledge of current and future technology developments and trends
- Data modeling and system modeling skills
- Identify and mitigate risks; contribute to risk management plan
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.