Sr. Enterprise Directory Service Engineer
World Wide Technology, Inc. has an opportunity available for a Sr. Data Center Engineer within our Professional Services delivery organization. The responsibilities of the role are to ensure that WWT/industry best practices and methodologies are applied to the design, deployment/execution and operations of customer engagements. This Sr. Data Center Engineer will also provide technical guidance and leadership to engineering teams and ensure project timelines are being met. Will be the technical point of contact for the customer and provide design, migration and deployment guidance.
The Sr. Enterprise Directory Service Engineer position is a multi-discipline capable IT professional focused on Office 365, Active Directory, security, design, and migrations. This position will require proven enterprise level experience in large-scale, multi-data center distributed computing environments. The position entails the discovery, design, and delivery of Microsoft cloud and server based technology solutions to geographically distributed customers across varied industries from local government to fortune 500 clientele with a vision to provide a level of service that far exceeds industry standards that is acknowledged by our customers.
- Providing hands on practical experience and strong working knowledge of Microsoft products in highly complex environments.
- Leading technical and business presentations and discussions to explain all aspects of a solution and provide knowledge transfer workshops around server technologies to clients
- Ability to Perform IdAM assessments and identify remediation plans and business outcomes
- Ability to architect solutions, create Levels of effort and develop statements of work.
- Communicating solutions to the customer and inspiring confidence in our ability to deliver on time and on budget.
- Demonstrating enterprise change management practices and guidelines (ITIL).
- Participating in incident management and root cause analysis.
- Conducting research into server issues and products as required.
- The ability to write comprehensive technical documentation of design, system builds, configurations, system architecture diagrams, and support procedures using Word, Excel, and Visio absolutely essential.
- Displaying exceptional organizational, procedural, process refinement, and leadership skills.
- Participate in project planning and management processes.
- Provides insight and direction on the development and execution of projects.
- Excel at working in a team-oriented collaborative environment with the ability to work independently, as a member of team, or function as the leader of the team to produce outstanding results.
- Contribute and refine the team’s consulting process, including documentation of how an engagement is delivered.
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills
- Mentor engineers, including taking a lead role on larger projects.
- Strong adherence to WWT Core Values
- Performing technical project delivery tasks as required.
- Proven experience leading complex Active Directory consolidations and cross-forest migrations.
- 4+ years experience working with Microsoft Exchange Server
- 4+ years experience working with Office 365 and Azure solutions
- 4+ years experience with Active Directory and Exchange/Office 365 migrations
- 4+ years experience designing and working with highly available systems
- SME-Level proficiency in Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- SME-Level knowledge of Azure integration and Active Directory synchronization mechanisms (Azure AD Connect or DirSync)
- An understanding of access control concepts including directory services, SAML, LDAP, PKI, Enterprise Mobility Suite, Multi-Factor Authentication, Smartcard / CAC login.
- Experience in process definition, workflow design, and process mapping
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues related to identity and access management
- Server 2008/2012/2016, Active Directory, DFS, DFS-R, File and Print Services, Group Policy, AD CS, PKI and Certificate management and deployment.
- Design, Implementation, and administration of TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, IPAM, RADIUS, and otherinfrastructure components as required for large-scale systems implementations and projects.
- Advanced PowerShell scripting with a focus on automation of deployments and configurations experience is a strong plus
- Application infrastructure and dependency mapping experience with various tools to plan and architect complex datacenter moves and domain migrations.
- Practical knowledge of Hyper-V and VMware ESXi w/ vCenter
- The ability to communicate needs and technical requirements to accommodate implementations using, TCP/IP V4, TCP/IP v6, and layer 2/3 routing as it pertains to NIC teaming and NLB.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL 2005/2008/2012 or otherdatabase platforms is a plus
- Solid experience integrating Active Directory with any of the following technologies: FIM/MIM, Identity Lifecycle Manager, Oracle Identity Management, CyberArk, Sail point, Ping Federate is preferred.
- Cross-Platform Integration experience with various flavors of Linux and UNIX to AD and other IdAM technology is a plus
Other requirements include:
- Must be willing and able to travel 75% and work as scheduled.
- Must have a BachelorDegree in Computer Science, IT management, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing and able to submit documentation and pass various background and clearance checks as required by the customers.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current certifications across applicable Microsoft and associated vendor specific certification tracks related to server technology as needed.
- Demonstrated technical experience in one or more of the following vertical sectors: government, public sector, higher education, finance, health care, technology, or other commercial.
- 7-10 years' experience as a Windows Server Engineer across various Microsoft Windows2000/2003/2008/2012/2012R2 server platforms.
- One or more of the following current certifications arerequired
- MCSE Messaging
- MCSE Server Infrastructure
- MCSA Office 365
- The successful candidate must hold or be willing to pursue related professional certifications such as the CISSP, CISM, and/or CISA
- Additional VMWare, Infoblox, F5, Cisco, or Citrix certifications a plus