Sr. Enterprise Architect - Special Projects
11 - 15 years experience • Financial Services
Lendmark Financial Services is a consumer finance company that specializes in providing direct and indirect personal loans, automobile loans, debt consolidation loans, and merchant retail sales financing services. Lendmark operates 319 branch locations throughout Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia, Maryland, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Alabama, Mississippi, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Ohio, Texas and Washington.
We are an Equal Opportunity and eVerify participating employer.
Enterprise Architect is responsible for working with business, functional and technical teams in defining, documenting and supporting the implementation of solutions that meet our business objectives. Starting early in the conception phase, the Enterprise Architect will work closely with the business units towards identifying an application architecture and continue working throughout the planning, design and implementation phases of the software development lifecycle, ensuring that the overall solution meets the defined needs.
• Recommends solutions and/or new technologies based upon business value drivers, proven architecture
principles, patterns and return on investment.
• Establishes overall systems architecture vision and ensures specific components are appropriately
designed and leveraged; drives the holistic vision of Enterprise Architecture.
• Defines the architectures required to implement large complex cross-functional projects.
• Collaborates with IT and external Partners and ensures that the solution design aligns with business
requirements and final solution covers all use cases.
• Works with business units to translate business strategy into discrete capabilities and helps to identify
technology capability gaps in systems.
• Performs IT due diligence to help guide rationalization decisions or systems assessments.
• Designs may include a short term or intermediary solution to allow the business problem to be addressed quickly
• Interact with vendors/partners, as required, to provide necessary oversight to software implementation and product rollout processes
• Mentors less experienced teammates to build technical expertise. May have people management responsibilities.
- Experience in managing and overseeing enterprise level programs, which require extensive collaboration across various groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; 10+ years of experience in architecture/design in relevant technology disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 10 years developing of complex, high-performance enterprise software preferred.
- 10 years of experience in Banking/Finance industry preferred.
- Cross-functional knowledge (e.g., strategy, change management, business process management.)
- Experience with developing architecture strategies, blueprints and architecture models
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Strong visualization and executive level presentation capabilities
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture tools and frameworks
- Strong communication/documentation skills required and ability to work at many different levels throughout the organization.
- Experienceinvestigating new technologies, and delivering presentations to senior leadership
- Must have strong working knowledge in architecting and designing large high performing Java/J2EE applications specifically web. Understand Java script framework.
- Substantial working knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, MS SQL)
- Knowledge of SOA architectures, web services and APIs.
- Ability to translate short and long-range business strategic plans and objectives into IT architectures and designs for current and future IT solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/presentation and written communication skills in both technical and non-technical language
- Experience and knowledge of cloud enabled services / applications.
- Office environment
- Occasional (infrequent) travel to branches and business partners.