Nuvve Corp. is a San Diego based company, whose mission is to lower the cost of electrical vehicle (EV) ownership while supporting the integration of renewable energy sources, such as wind and solar. Our Grid Integrated Vehicle Platform GIVe™ transforms EVs into grid assets when charging while guaranteeing the expected level of charge when the vehicle owner needs it. The aggregation of thousands of electric vehicles into a virtual power plant using the GIVe platform, allows Nuvve to participate in electricity markets with a power capacity comparable to traditional generators. Based on “Vehicle To Grid” technology or “v2g” the GIVe platform gives benefits to public organizations, businesses and homes by reducing the cost of electric infrastructure and reducing CO2 emissions.
Nuvve is looking for a Sr. Enterprise Architect who will drive our value propositions into a complete system architecture to showcase our innovation and differentiation while addressing customer needs and technical challenges. The Sr. Enterprise Architect will collaborate with stakeholders across the business to define technical requirements, deliverables, and assist in setting expectations within the business. The Sr. Enterprise Architect will also communicate complex problems and solutions effectively to a range of audiences and identify industry trends and effectively influence organizational direction.
The ideal candidate will be avid about applying technology strategy to achieve business outcomes, be a technical leader with a desire for solving complex design challenges from a holistic view, and work as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams. This is a full-time position with 100% company paid benefits. This role will be based in our Corporate Headquarters in San Diego, California.
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. While our San Diego office is currently closed to
the public, and we moved toward our new norm of conducting business, please rest assured that we are
taking all necessary precautions including practicing social distancing and sanitation. As a result, we have
made changes to our workplace and hiring guidelines to conform with CDC requirements
- Engineering Graduate with min 10+ years' experience Software Development / System Architecture
- Experience in system architecture & Solution Design. Hands on experience of Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
- Extensive experience on Micro services Architecture on AWS cloud with Kubernetes (EKS), Postgres, Kafka (MSK)
- Building and deploying applications and services into cloud environments: AWS stack preferred, ECS on EKS, Lambda, ELB, ECT, RDS, S3, etc.
- Terraform or CloudFormation, Linux, Dockers
- Messaging: RabbitMQ, Kafka, Bitbucket pipelines, Python & Robot Framework
- Experience designing and building solutions or on-demand platforms
- Experience with API management in a large scale, highly distributed environment
- Experience with Java, particularly Spring Boot applications, Go or similar language
- Proficiency with cloud-native microservices, API design and implementation patterns
- Rapid, but data-driven decision maker, passion for continual learning, Able to lead others by influence
- Experience in real-time IoT applications, energy management applications (is added plus)
- Creation and regular updating of the overall technology vision and strategy, helping to ensure its progress within the Product Development roadmap.
- Hands-on creation and presentation of Architecture Design Documents that capture non-functional requirements from the perspective of business, software, data, and infrastructure architectures.
- Conduct regular open office hours for mentoring and developing engineering staff in architectural concerns
- Keep current on technical advances in the industry, including microservices, distributed systems, AWS, deployment and delivery automation, machine learning
- Accountable for the design, for the ease of evolution, quality of the systems, performance, scaling, and availability characteristics of the systems
- Supports and reinforces our development process with the architecture and product management teams, acting as a champion for high-quality implementations, and helping communicate and clarify our processes.
- Perform code and design reviews of components created by engineers and architects
- May occasionally need to perform hands-on development of interfaces and frameworks for the engineering team to further implement
- Meet occasionally with enterprise customers in support of our largest deals, create presentations for customers representing our technology current and future state, provide estimates and guide scoping for large mission-critical system needs
- Lead technical and design discussions with IT executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices
- Architect and build highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the AWS platform using core developer services such as: API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB and ECS
- Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices)
- Migrate monolithic applications to microservices architectures
- Influence infrastructure architecture by sharing application development expertise
- Develop reference architectures and technical proposals
- Interface with internal and external resources to develop methods of procedures for electrical interconnection