At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are transforming our technology offering and seeking an Enterprise Architect to help guide teams throughout the organization as they build secure, scalable, and innovative technology solutions. Do you have experience tying business objectives to tech strategies? We want to connect with you. Do you crave an opportunity to build across platforms using emerging tech? You found it. Are you ready to join a thriving team that embraces change and encourages new ideas? Then please read on…
What you’ll do:
- Strategic planning including balancing short and long-term objectives/priorities with organizational goals and constraints
- Lead development of designs & patterns
- Provide architectural alignment on crucial efforts (design, code, test, deploy)
- Identify technology/opportunities that advance our Digital Organization
- Direct alignment of tech decisions across the Enterprise with roadmaps and architectural development models
- Leads technical initiatives and organizational change across the enterprise
- Provides day-today mentoring and coaching to less experienced professionals
Who you are:
- Broad and deep technical experience, and the ability to understand enterprise-wide implications of day to day decisions
- Continually learning & applying new technologies
- Can solve and negotiate technical, as well as people/process, challenges with facts and supporting evidence
- Communicate with senior business as well as senior technical leaders
- Deals with ambiguity and change and can still drive to needed outcomes and objectives
- Ability to synthesize disconnected information and ideas into articulate, relevant and precise points of view
- Can tie IT capabilities with business needs and goal
What you’ll need:
- Change Leader – influences above their level
- Moves easily between technical and business audiences
- Strong technical and business problem solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership and dedication to results
- Must be passionate about creating solutions, and solving complex problems – in the right way, at the right time, and for the right reasons
- Experienced with and embraces Lean-Agile principles/DevOps environment
- Must be teachable, give and receive feedback, and demonstrate success in their discipline on a consistent and transparent basis
- Must be technology-agnostic; should not have a personal agenda or bias around technical decisions.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture best practices and frameworks to include analyzing, designing, developing, deploying and supporting software solutions, and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Specific technical requirements / platforms will vary
- Experience in working with diverse teams and bringing people together to deliver on outcomes despite challenges, ambiguity and adversity
- 6-8 years of Enterprise Architecture experience
Req ID: 16021