Summary of Position:
The Senior Enterprise Architect is responsible for the overall standards and direction of all enterprise architecture domains including Business, Application, Data, Technology, and Operations, ensuring it supports the business’s needs and performance goals. The Enterprise Architect also participates in support of solution development, Enterprise Architecture governance, and Enterprise Architecture planning processes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define and maintain enterprise architecture standards.
- Support the development and implementation of the IT Enterprise Architecture roadmap.
- Translate business priorities into IT architecture requirements for each respective Enterprise Architecture domain.
- Understand as-is architectures and the implications of the architecture requirements on current and future architectures.
- Define, document and maintain to-be domain architectures applying architecture guiding principles.
- Augment architecture guiding principles.
- Collaborate with domain architects to develop architecture roadmaps for all architecture domains.
- Identify architecture gaps and inefficiencies and provide recommendations for improvements and alignment.
- Assist in identification and development of new Enterprise Architecture assets, standards and frameworks.
- Research industry-wide architecture and technology trends for the respective domain and present relevant point-of-views.
- Review project architectures for compliance with enterprise standards as part of the Architecture Review Committee and make domain-specific recommendations.
- Manage and direct the activities of up to three direct reports.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 8+ years’ experience architecting and delivering solutions across multiple architectural domains.
- 12+ years’ experience in any of the architectural domains.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field / Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- TOGAF 9.1 Level 1 & 2 Certification.