Primaryresponsibilities include the development, implementation, integration, and maintenance ofinformation technology applications as well as business/systems analysis and programming activities that enable the organization’s business processes related to customersales and service,branch banking, andloan servicing. Consults with business staff to develop an understanding of the varied and complex business needs supported by directly andindirectly-responsible systems. Leads multi-disciplinary teams of full-time, vendor, andcontract IT managers and/or professionals who design/develop or acquire/adapt application software. Provides overall direction and guidance to assigned projects/tasks and/or technical delivery managers, reviews project and support requests, and assigns group/section personnel to development, maintenance, and related activities. Prepares feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, andestablishes/implements and integrates new or revised applications systems and programs. Assists in projecting software and hardware requirements. Reviews and evaluates work and prepares performancereports. Confers with and advises direct and indirect subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods. Consults with personnel inother IT groups/sections to coordinate activities. Prepares activity and progressreports for one or many low-to-high rigor projects, as part of one or many assigned programs.Works with third party vendors that provide both customer andinternally-facing applications and services such asSalesforce.com, Oracle, and Cisco. Ensures software release quality and that customer expectations and milestones are met, and provides options/workarounds when issues are encountered; escalates whenrequired. Adheres to all SDLC requirements, PMO standards, andincident managementprocesses and procedures.
- Lead a team of Information Technology professionals that are responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of business applications systems.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the team as they lead multiple projects and provide service to internal business customers on a timely manner.
- Communicate with various Information Technology teams and business unit management to keep everyone up to date on the status of all activities thus ensuring that the business specifications are met and delivered on time.
- Mentor and guide subordinates in their continued career development.
- Provide technical, strategic and tactical consultation to internal business customers.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field plus 10years of experience (as described below) preferred – OR – 15years of comparable work experience.
- Master’s Degree in a related field is strongly desired
- 10-15years of managing application development and maintenance programs (Finance/Lending industry experience a plus) and leading Information Technology professionals
- Technical background and experience in varying technologies and disciplines
- Exhibits a strong understanding of technology and business process
- Excellent ability in interpreting customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements
- Strong proficiency with both Agile and Waterfall/SDLC methodologies
- Proven ability to establish a high level of trust and confidence in both the business and IT communities
- Excellent ability to communicate verbally and in technical writing to all levels of the organization in a proactive, contextually appropriate manner
- Excellent ability to prioritize work by dividing time, attention, and effort between current project workload and ongoing support tasks
- Strong ability to deliver presentations of complex information to a variety of audiences
- Good ability to perform strategic data analysis and research to support the Business Unit’s technology needs
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and deliver difficult messages with diplomacy and influence without control.
- Strong ability in planning requests, project charters and provide updates for managers, directors and executives
- Excellent ability to handle multiple competing deadlines on corporate initiatives and team requirements
- Strong ability to determine solutions to team and departmental requests and needs
- Good ability to discern risks and issues with technology deployed and being evaluated
- Strong ability to identify root cause and resolutions to system failures
- Good ability to maintain high level of understanding of new technology and industry trends
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- ITIL Foundation and PMP certification are preferred