We are seeking a self?motivated and experienced engineering leader. In this position you will be responsible for driving the design and development of new and innovative product lines.
In this position you will lead a global team of engineers in product development, project management and cost down initiatives while meeting our manufacturing, safety, quality, regulatory code compliance and marketing objectives
Must be capable of driving innovation and new product development, estimating development costs and monitor assigned projects through all phases of development.
Oversee product testing and documentation including the writing of product performance specifications and test plans. Position involves close coordination with business leaders, manufacturing, marketing, industrial design and customer base.
- Drive innovation in multiple product categories
- Project Management of global projects, direct/indirect responsibility
- Lead a team of Product Engineers, with direct/indirect reports, to design and develop new and innovative product lines
- Design and development, direct/indirect responsibility
- Product improvement and cost down, direct/indirect responsibility
- Cost Down Initiatives, direct/indirect responsibility
- Budget management, direct responsibility
- Regulatory code compliance (i.e. UL, CSA, CE), direct/indirect responsibility
- Adherence to product development process, direct responsibility
- BS in Engineering related field
- Direct project management experience in the design and manufacturing of products using relevant engineering technologies.
- Previous designs involving manufacturing process such as die casting, plastic injection molding, metal stamping, machining, motor design, solenoid design and battery charging systems is a definite plus.
- Understanding (or willingness to learn) of multinational manufacturing locations/cultures
- Possess well-developed interpersonal, communication, and project management skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office software, including MS Project and Excel.
- Understanding of 3D computer aided modeling
- 4+ years’ of team leadership experience
- 8+ Years’ in engineering related field
- Working knowledge of the design/manufacturing of plastic molding, stamped parts, die cast parts.
- Think creatively to develop ideas that can be protected by patents.
- Perform/specify the required testing for design and performance verification.
- Ability to work on and coordinate multiple, global projects.
- Ability to work in a global, multi-functional team environment.