Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 267 million active account holders theconfidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Global Safety & Security Engineering maintains the backbone systems for physical safety & security for all of PYPL’s global facilities and data centers. Our team designs, develops, and deploys leading edge physical security systems at scale. We build the tools and creating a new convergence of technologies such as new authentication, video monitoring, deep learning, frictionless biometrics, and behavior pattern recognition to help reduce security risks and improves compliance. If you are passionate about engineering and deploying large-scale automated systems and have a desire to build and improve one of the largest physical security systems in theworld, then come join our team.
The Security Technology team resides within the PayPal Global Safety and Security Department and helps maintain the physical security systems that protect the company’s people, brand, facilities, and assets.
As part of the team, the Physical Security Technology Senior Engineering Manager role will lead our engineering team and ensure the team is delivering and maintaining our existing and future physical security system infrastructure and platforms globally. This role must be able to interact positively with other PayPal technology and information security teams, internal stakeholders, senior leaders and a diverse third-party partner network, while demonstrating ownership of all deliverables. The ability to provide technical leadership, build and maintain rapport, understand and adapt to nuances of different requirements, customers, and partners, while adapting rapidly to shifting priorities is critical.
The Physical Security Technology Engineering Manager will be tasked with the engineering team leadership, thedevelopment of engineering standards and processes, and the life cycle management of our physical security technology solutions to secure physical properties, including but not limited to:
- Leading the engineering team to define the vision, strategy, technology stack, architecture and roadmap for PayPal’s Physical Security Technology Platforms and Infrastructure, in collaboration with the Physical Security Technology team, internal partners & stakeholders
- Leading the engineering team to design, develop, configure, test, implement & support our complex, global scale IT physical security system infrastructure, platforms and software solutions (includes access control, identity and access management, visitor management, IP video, intrusion detection, and other technical security solutions)
- Assist in the management of the scoping phase of each project and manages the execution ofthe Physical Security Technology Roadmap
- Ensure timely and accurate execution of development, configuration & implementation by theengineering team, in partnership with project teams and other departments
- Ensure end-to-end availability & performance of critical IT physical security system platforms
- Manage and drive all necessary actions for obtaining and maintaining appropriate product requirements needed for PayPal IT & Information Security standards, compliance & regulatory requirements
- Leading the engineering team in troubleshooting and fixing production and project issues, helping prioritize these against existing tasks and issues based on severity and impact
- Define, Manage & Participate in on-call rotations across the world for live production and projectsupport
- Define, Monitor and Maintain key operational metrics for overall system health, performance, quality, reliability, scalability & availability
- Ensure 24x7x365 platforms and systems availability
- Leading the engineering team in development & adherence to a set of consistent standards & processes designed to improve team efficiency and effectivenessDeveloping and fostering strong relationships with PayPal Enterprise Technology IT Architecture, Product Managers, Solution Engineering, Information Security, and other departments pertaining to new and sustaining IT physical security engineering activities
- Drive sound engineering guidelines, principles & practices to perform tasks such as design, development, configuration, testing, production launches, troubleshooting, issue resolution & remediation, while fostering a culture of continuous improvement
- Actively engaging Information Security, IT, and other internal stakeholders to ensure alignment and compliance with PayPal internal requirements, technology standards & architecture
- Communicating and providing appropriate updates/reviews with team, partners, stakeholders, management and senior leadership
- Partnering with industry peers on trends, physical security best practices & current events/threats related to the industry
- 8+ years of experience leading and managing global engineering teams
- Experience in designing, implementing and maintaining robust, high availability (24x7x365), large-scale IT physical security systems and enterprise system architecture
- Lenel Certified Professional (LCP)
- 8+ years of hands on technical experience administering, upgrading, maintaining, testing and troubleshooting system database software, hardware/network related issues and physical access control systems (PACS) with integrated video surveillance solutions.
- 8+ years of professional or advanced Genetec VMS certification and administration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant field of study
- Experience in working on large projects with multiple dependencies
- Ability to prioritize and deliver multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving organization, while providing maintenance support
- Ability to work collaboratively across various teams with competing priorities to reach a desiredoutcome
- Proven ability to develop and manage positive relationships with both internal and external partners
- Proven track record delivering great user experiences through security technology with solid engineering skills
- Proven track record of advancement and success in previous roles.
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capable of producing all types of documents including detailed requirements documents, functional and technical specifications, Power Point presentations, etc. for all audiences including senior leadership
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, toempower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business withdignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want tobreak down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.