The Climate Corporation is modernizing the agriculture industry with a platform and products that help the world's farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. Through a suite of grower-facing applications, we collect and process vast amounts of agronomic data to enable insights that help farmers improve growth productivity and sustainability.
We are looking for a Sr. Engineering Manager to help expand Client Connectivity for our flagship product (Fieldview) as a part of our Machine Connectivity SDK team. All different kinds of clients connect to Climate's Backend through the FieldView Drive (Linux, Android and iOS, and other mobile and tablet applications) to accelerate data-streaming through the conversion of raw CAN bus data from agriculture equipment into canonical data formats used for analysis, reporting, and visualization of real-time metrics and maps. In this role, you will collaborate with product, engineering, and other business partners to ensure a seamless, high-quality data capture experience for our customers.
What makes a successful manager at Climate?
- Invests in people - Someone who fosters a culture of inclusion, trust, mentorship, praise, constructive feedback, and continually builds, develops and retains their team.
- Inspires - Someone who gains buy-in by proactively listening to others' thoughts and opinions, in turn creating optimism and confidence convincingly.
- Thinks - Someone who uses critical thinking and strategic planning to make well-informed decisions. They create an environment where the right approaches surface from a variety of diverse opinions and perspectives.
- Achieves Results - Someone that can make plans and be proactive to get things done. They continuously improve their team's effectiveness by setting achievable and specific goals, regularly evaluating results, implementing improvements, and holding their team accountable.
What You Will Do:
- Build and mentor a group of high-performing engineers with a strong team-oriented culture.
- Guide the professional development of each direct report through performance management and coaching.
- Contribute to the vision, goals, and technical strategy in alignment with customer needs.
- Partner stakeholders & architects to drive detailed requirements and durable technical design.
- Drive clarity in ambiguous situations and mobilize the team for achieving results.
- Reduce technical debt through well-designed platform infrastructure.
- Create the canonical system of record for the Digital Farming Platform.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in multi-platform C++ libraries
- 4+ years managing diverse groups of high-performing engineers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely comfortable with ambiguity and changes of direction
- A master of driving clarity to keep engineering teams productive
- Expert relationship builder
- Demonstrated ability to balance and influence key relationships with Product, Architecture, and other stakeholders
- Fluency in C++
- Experience in Android and iOS
- Experience in python
- Expert in data systems and design
- Working knowledge of agile SDLC methodologies like scrum and waterfall
- Experience with project management software like Jira or Smartsheet