The team is being built as a data curation specialization within our Data Platform team.
What you get to do every day:
- Lead a diverse and globally distributed team of talented software and data engineers.
- Ensure timely delivery and quality of the data products in a multifaceted and occasionally interrupt-driven environment.
- Help us improve data quality by ensuring the best development/operations practices are followed by the team
- Collaborate and support the long term design of our data platform
- Support your teammates, experienced and novice alike, with the advice and knowledge to tackle the everyday problems
- Develop data products/tools that are cutting edge and make everybody’s lives easier.
What you bring to the role:
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering/ DevOps or DataOps
- 5 + years proven ability managing people, preferably in an “operations” environment
- Understanding data management, analytics, and software development
- Heavy experience with cloud technologies (such as AWS and GCP)
- Good grasp of Agile development practices
- Good design skills and efficient solutions to problems balancing scope, performance, and other trade-offs.
- Proficiency in coding in Python or Golang.