A little about us. Splunk is the key to enterprise resilience for the 11,000+ organizations that use our Unified Security and Observability Platform. We regularly appear on a lot of "Best Places to Work" lists and we think it's because we encourage our Splunkers to bring their whole, authentic selves. So bring your work experience, problem-solving skills and talent, of course, but also bring your joy, your passion and all the things that make you, you. Because when you feel free to be you, it makes it a lot easier for us to be us.
The Splunk Enterprise Cloud Management organization builds robust and resilient auto-scaling mission-critical platform solutions for hosting Splunk's next-generation software and services. The focus is always on automation, scalability, availability by solving sophisticated challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, and ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users.
Our main stakeholders are internal engineering teams that depend on a stable infrastructure & configuration management system. This is an incredible opportunity to use your existing leadership and cloud experience to drive the growth of the organization.What we're looking for
The Splunk Enterprise Cloud Management group is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager (EM) to help lead, build, and mentor the team responsible for global configuration management and task execution across multiple Cloud Solution Providers and compliance environments in Splunk Cloud. This EM will be a leader with expertise in building a highly collaborative, dynamic, and fun team environment. The EM will embody eagerness to create and own processes for enhancing team health, streamline hiring processes, and find industrious solutions to organizational impediments while leading the team to build secure services and tools for Configuration Management.What you provide
What we provide
- Foster growth. EMs will meet with team members on a regular basis, help plan and support career development, and recruit top-tier developers.
- Leadership. EMs have technical leadership and management experience in software engineering.
- Partnership. EMs have experience partnering with multi-functional team members to develop and maintain a well-defined roadmap.
- Passion. EMs are passionate about motivating the team, fostering collaboration, and embodying excitement about projects.
- Drive for automation. EMs constantly consider, "How can I automate this manual process?" and inspire teams to embrace this philosophy.
- Operational excellence. EMs strive for collecting robust metrics, data, and monitoring information from our services. If an issue arises, the team is alerted before our customers notice.
- Keeping calm and carrying on. EMs mentor teams on appropriately handling a product outage, identifying performance bottlenecks, and determining the root cause of incidents.
- Organized and communicative. EMs track work in progress, facilitate team development process rituals, and lead by example.
- Open and inclusive. EMs foster a culture of inclusivity, diversity, learning, psychological safety, mentorship, and collaboration across all engineering skill levels.
- Technical experience. You are knowledgeable about standards related to security, performance, and disaster recovery. You also have an understanding of code development, branching strategies, and deployment pipelines.
- Puppet and Terraform experience. Experience with Puppet and/or Terraform is a plus, but not required.
- Opportunities to grow as a leader. We are always expanding into new areas, and exploring new technologies.
- A fantastic team. We have exceptionally skilled and dedicated peers and individual contributors.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. The teams work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team.
- Balance. People are not expected to work 12 hour days. Balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. We like to do team building events every couple months in our group. We are committed to having every employee be respectful and a part of this team, and have fun while doing it!
- 10+ years actively developing and/or managing cloud-native technologies.
- 5+ years of management experience and 12 years of professional experience with a Bachelor's degree; or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrable foundation in microservices, software design for cloud, and leading SREs/SWEs.
- Experience leading globally-distributed teams across different timezones.
- Experience leading teams for cloud-native architectures (Microservices SOA, security, compliance, etc.) at scale.
- Experience managing teams of 8-10 people with measurable team and product success.
- Familiarity and prior experience working with either Java, Golang, or C++.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Splunk, we believe creating a culture of belonging isn't just the right thing to do; it's also the smart thing. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging to ensure our employees are supported to bring their best, most authentic selves to work where they can thrive. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, an ESPP and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $192,000.00 - 264,000.00 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $172,000.00 - 236,500.00 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range: $156,000.00 - 214,500.00 per year