United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company in the world, is offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join our Greensboro, NC location. The Senior Engineer - Trench Safety is a licensed professional engineer responsible for the engineering support of multiple profit centers within the Trench Safety Division. This position is dedicated to meeting the Trench Safety engineering needs of contractors, industrial and commercial companies, and in doing so, drives profitable engineering revenue for the Division and Company.
- For existing and new customer contractors, create shoring, shielding, and other structural support systems for site-specific trench and excavation projects. This position provides sealed/stamped site specific plans for trench/excavation design drawings and supporting calculations throughout assigned locations. Provide engineering consultation to sales representatives on projects
- Evaluate site conditions and design safe, effective, and structurally-sound shoring systems that promote jobsite efficiency and practicality in the field
- Ensure engineering drawings and plans are accurate and meet applicable engineering design standards and Federal State specific OSHA requirements
- Assess problems that arise during field installation and recommend corrective actions
- Provide plans in a timely manner to branches and customers to maintain customer revenue and positive relationships
- Estimate project costs and prepare proposals for customers. The incumbent establishes the original sales price for the site-specific design and provides the salesperson and selling branch with the proposal and copies of the plan as required throughout the assigned locations.
- Obtain and/or maintain current NCEES record for the purpose of securing professional licenses in multiple states.
- Ensure that company Certificates of Authorization for performing engineering services are secured. Maintain the engineering licenses and certificates required to service multi-state engineering needs.
- Educate as necessary and provide engineering support to Trench Safety sales representatives in providing quotes to customers.
- Provide other engineering support to the region vice-president, district managers and branch managers as required.
- Take the required CPD hours for maintaining licenses
- 5+ years' experience as a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in a structural or geotechnical engineering environment
- Proficient in the OSHA Excavation Standard 1926 Subpart P. and related standards
- Experience with AutoCAD, Mathcad, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to effectively work independently, as well as within a team environment.
- Must be able to prioritize work and effectively manage time and multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to effectively work with customers and sales representatives to conceptually plan and negotiate shoring system designs
- Strong organizational skills and fine attention to detail; Strong busin0ess acumen